1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some new songs we recorded

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by starscream, 29 Jan 2006.

1. starscream

PermaBanned

Hi guys,

Spent the day recording a few new songs. Feel free to download them all and have a listen. All comments welcome, whether positive or negative (as long as their constructive :p)

We Are What We Make

Trust

Coloured Lights

Not to worried about the production as their are only rough demo's, but interested to hear what you think about the songs themselves.

Cheers!

2. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

Okay you asked -

I would love to hear these recorded properly with a proper engineer behind the desk.
    You're all quite competent and the girl as a decent voice.

We Are What We Are
    The only bit I'd change is the guitar solo. I know it doesn't last long but it sounds like what I call 'cat sat on the mat'. Try the notes in a different order.

Trust
    Loved the La La La chorus but then wanted to hear words the first and third lines, La La La on the second and fourth lines. Thats what I'd try - it may work or it may not.
    Singing La La La in a chorus reminds me of Eurovision but in a good way in your song.

Coloured Lights
    Record as is. Nice chorus again.

3. starscream

PermaBanned

Cheers dmpoole! Thats really helpful :) I will write a proper solo on the first one when we record it as I kinda just stuck that in at the time without actually thinking about it. I'll get Hannah to write some words for that chorus on Trust and see if it sounds better/worse.

Thanks again!

4. Raikiri

Capodecina

Just listened to them all, and I have to say they are all pretty good. Especially for rough demos, We are what we make was my faviourite from those 3 :)

5. starscream

PermaBanned

Another one!

Stop Thief

This was actually recorded before, but has been rehashed a little bit.