1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some web info needed regarding MySQL

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Johnny|lucidcomposure, 25 May 2006.

1. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

I have downloaded a program to go along side of my web gallery and it requires me to know the following information

MySQL Server

Database Name

Username

Password

I got my user name but where do I go to find out this information ??

2. Beansprout

Man of Honour

Log into your control panel and check out the databases tab - most likely you'll need to create a database through there then put the name/etc into that config file :)

MySQL server will be 'localhost'.

3. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

I dont seem to have a databases tab in my control panel. The only place its listed is under the Site Information

MySQL
    Database Administrator : ####
    Number of databases: ##
    Database Prefix: ######

4. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

okay I found it.. Will post back if I have more trouble (knowning me prob yes) But thanks :)

Still dont know what my HOST name is.

Last edited: 25 May 2006
  5. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

Okay I cant set it up.. Its telling me that the login user name, password or server is wrong..

Im guessing its my sever as its the only thing im having trouble understanding..

How do you write your MySQL Server name ?

6. Beansprout

Man of Honour

You need to add a database through your hosting control panel - presumably somewhere near the 'number of databases' statistic will be a button to add a database :)

Databases have their own name, username and password and these are the details the script is after :)

The host name (MySQL server address, etc) is 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'. Or it should be, anyway :p

7. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

I have done what you said, I managed to find the panel and successfully create a new database.

Its just worked. It was just "localhost" Sorry for not understanding that first time. I was going off its example.

EG: MySQL.server.com

Thank you Beansprout, You have been a great help :)

8. Beansprout

Man of Honour

No problemo :)