Associate
My computer has been constantly cutting out the image and then freezing, so I decided to check out the graphic cards inside (2 MSI GeForce GTX 970) and found fluid on the pci-express connector and a dried slight orange liquid on one of the memory chips on the back on the main graphics card. There is also fluid in the pci-express slot as well.

Anyone know what's this is?

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like your memory chip exploded???
The white stuff looks like some kind of mould.. iv had that before from a customers laptop

Soldato
Do you have a closed loop cooler? If so, it's liquid damage. Looks like it dropped from the top of the PCIe socket down.

If you don't have a liquid cooler, well, I think you're having a bit too much fun with your computer ;)

Associate
OP
Do you have a closed loop cooler? If so, it's liquid damage. Looks like it dropped from the top of the PCIe socket down.

If you don't have a liquid cooler, well, I think you're having a bit too much fun with your computer ;)

Yes I am using a Alienware Aurora R4 which is using a close loop cooler. I had a look at the tubing and the cooler itself and couldn't find any leaking, but there is a slight noise of either like it's spitting or something besides the liquid moving around the loop.

Back
Top Bottom