Someone tried to kill me today

Soldato
I crashed my car because of some ******* retard who decided it would be funny to put his foot down when I decided to overtake him. Yeah mate, thanks for pulling out on me in the first place

Thank god it's not just me then. Coming out of a local village you go round a blind corner, then down a very long, quite steep hill that's clear. I came around the corner to find a Polo doing 40mph (it's 60) down the hill, and at this point I normally let the car rev out in a few gears to warm it up fully before I hit the city and motorways.

Anyway, I indicated, built up some speed and pulled out, as soon as I drew level with her (some lady driving) she rapidly started accelerating down the hill, aiding her progress. At this point I was thinking "you cannot be serious"

As I was fully commited and just nosing in front of her I did seriously consider just hammering past, as I started to accelerate a car appeared in the distance, approaching fast, forcing me to drop back BEHIND the woman and then she had the cheek to deaccelerate and then DRIVE THE ENTIRE DISTANCE at 40mph again, with no further overtaking points.

Really, really first time I've ever considered nudging someone just to get my point across! :mad: :o

Soldato
similiar thing happened to me when i was on a driving lesson, one of my first times on an nsl coutry road, happily pootling along at 60 and come up behind this guy in a mondeo (FOX!? :p) doing around 45 so i start overtaking, and he speeds up along side me so i have to draw back and pull in behind him again. He starts to slow down again to around 45-50, and i go to overtake, same thing happens. My instructor was going ape**** at him, just why tbh.

Swerving across you though that is just ridiculous, and really is exceptionally dangerous, if he'd of nudged you just a bit especially on the rear quarter as you'd got mostly past him, the results could be quite catastrophic.

Shocking, hope he gets what he gives.

Associate
Thankfully nothing like this has happened to me, but once my mate was driving (I was passenger), and a cavalier full of ****s started following us with fog lights on. It followed us for about a mile around town roads with plenty of oppurtunities to go a different direction to what we went. Then after a while they took over and bipped the horn several times.

Really annoyed me at the time - my mate was pretty shaken, too.

Glad to hear you're ok. It's pretty much instinct to want to get out and beat the crap out of the guy, but like my mate said at the time when I was getting pretty wound up, they could be waiting for someone to react like that just so they can beat you to a pulp with baseball bats or anything.

Who knows - that guy could've been a homicidal maniac just looking for a victim because his wife has cheated on him. Or something... :)

Associate
I was put in this position once, except i WAS in a slower car

car in front is doing 30 so i think this is rediculous and start to overtake, then as i start getting past him he speeds up and keeps the nose of his car up to the middle of my car, all the way upto 80mph and its taken long enough that a lorry is heading towards me and i dont have a lot of time

when it came to it i couldnt slow down quick enough to get behind him and i wasnt gonna put myself into the front of a lorry, so i decided screw him and pulled in, effectively cutting him up, was a hell of a risk but to be honest i thought i was dead i barely got out of the way of the oncoming lorry

about 3 minutes later i got a call off my younger sister out of the blue asking if i was ok cos she'd had a teribble feeling that something bad had happened to me, its fair to say i was a little shaken by it

Soldato
Morons are everywhere.. and some have licenses unfortunately.. just gotta be aware.

We had the whole family in the car once, and dad driving. Some moron decided it would be funny to sit a few feet away from our rear bumper. With everyone in the car we were quite worried... dad gently pulled into a disused tjunction and the morons pulled in infront of us. We sat there for about 5 minutes, no one got out of either car and then they just drove off. Obviously morons looking for trouble... which is just idiotic... id hate to think who they went after next..

Soldato
Running the risk of getting my rear flamed off i'll admit that i've sped up as a car tried to overtake me once.

Was driving through the vilage where I live at about 35 ish (30 limit) when a Merc decides to race up to my rear bumper and follow at a nice comfortable 2 inches distance. After doing this for a while the driver decides to start waving his hands around then goes to overtake...... so I dropped into second and booted it :o Still the differance in power meant he still passed with ease and there was nothing coming the other way, I was just trying to get a point across.

Stupid really, the poor guy probably just had to be somewhere in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom