Something odd happened this morning.

Soldato
Cause everyone is at risk of being burgled/murdered/raped while sat in their living room watching tv. :p

Well, technically this is true... obviously the risk is tiny, but it does happen and the risk can easily be reduced further by simply locking the door

Really? I remember when we stayed in Field Broughton a few years back. Very remote and if anything we felt more vulnerable. Easy target when you’re in the middle nowhere. Was a nice house though. Guess it depends on your digs! :)

This, the burglars aren't going to target the rough estate round the corner from the police station where people can barely afford food, they're going to head to the affluent areas with the 5 bedroom detached houses and range rovers on the drives where the police will take half an hour to turn up at best!

Man of Honour
I had a similar experience, I was pulled over or stopped in traffic one afternoon when a woman in probably her late 50’s opened my car door and started to get into the passenger seat, she was so focused on whatever she was talking about that she completely ignored me repeatedly & politely saying "excuse me , I think you’ve made a mistake I don’t know you please get out of my car". She continued to get in and I started to raise my voice as she still wasn’t listening.

It wasn’t until she was sat in the seat trying to put the seat belt on that she looked over at me and realised

The sheer look of horror on her face as it dawned on her what she’d done

She couldn’t even look me in the eye as she said sorry, rapidly got back out and scuttled off sheepishly

I bet she just wanted the earth to swallow her up

I had a similar one to that when I was driving a Black Cab.
A young woman hailed me as I turned into New Kings Road from Fulham High St., and asked for Sloane Sq.
I ran into a bit of traffic near the Fire Station in Kings Road, and came to a halt.
A guy ran across the road from the right, and breathlessly said, “Can you get me to Victoria Station in 10 minutes?”
I said, “Well I think I could, but”, gesturing with my thumb over my shoulder, “who’s going to tell her, you or me?”
“Oh dear, I’m so sorry”, he said, egg all over his face, I felt sorry for him.
The girl in the back cracked up.

Soldato
I've only ever lived in places where once the front door is shut it can only be opened from the outside with a key (i.e. there's no exterior handle). There is a handle on the inside so although the door is not "locked", it is shut and people outside can't get waltz on in.

I find it utterly bizarre that people leave their front door open to anyone walking in. Dodgy area or not, why would you do it? What benefit does it have? Only things like the OPs experience can come of it...

Man of Honour
I've only ever lived in places where once the front door is shut it can only be opened from the outside with a key (i.e. there's no exterior handle). There is a handle on the inside so although the door is not "locked", it is shut and people outside can't get waltz on in.

I find it utterly bizarre that people leave their front door open to anyone walking in. Dodgy area or not, why would you do it? What benefit does it have? Only things like the OPs experience can come of it...

I suppose having my own house since 1980 and it's never happened once - I'm living on the edge man.

Soldato
Do you not find your man bits stick to your thigh?

I need boxers to sleep

Nope, depends on how you lie though but generally, it's much more comfortable. But then I don't like getting hot when I sleep so I am normally half in half out of the covers.

Best bit is that your missus can have easy access :D lol

Back
Top Bottom