Sony Ericsson W800i PC Bluetooth Remote

Associate
Hi, I'm interested in using my phone (SE W00i) as a remote for my PC (XP Home), primary use would be with Windows Media Player and VLC.

If someone could reccommend what software I should get for my phone (and PC?) it would be very helpful!

Also I will need a bluetooth dongle (suggestions greatly recieved), if anyone has experience of the above please let me know how it went (does it work?) and if it's worth it.

Soldato
robertgilbert86 said:
Hi, I'm interested in using my phone (SE W00i) as a remote for my PC (XP Home), primary use would be with Windows Media Player and VLC.

If someone could reccommend what software I should get for my phone (and PC?) it would be very helpful!

Also I will need a bluetooth dongle (suggestions greatly recieved), if anyone has experience of the above please let me know how it went (does it work?) and if it's worth it.

Dont think this is posable for a non smart phone :confused: ?

Soldato
if u just want a WMP remote the built in one is fine, i just got a cheap bluetooth dongle on ebay.

Salling Clicker or Sailing Clicker one of the 2 is an excellent piece of software, will auto launch WMP for ya and has support for other stuff too.

Easy to use though

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
No reason why they wouldn't :)
I've gone for a cheap one personally.

Only main differences I've noticed is range, thecheaper ones tend to be 10m while others are 100m.

Soldato
Haly said:
Yeah it is :) That or the options on my w800i for remote control are imaginary :p
I'm just about to get a bluetooth dongle to try it so can't help much more atm but http://www.salling.com/Clicker/windows/ looks promising for a more feature packed program that works with the w800i.

That has to be the best and most used application I have on my phone. I use my PC for music/video playback a lot and i couldn't be without that app now :D

As for dongles, I'm using a cheapo one - does the job fine.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Six6siX said:
That has to be the best and most used application I have on my phone. I use my PC for music/video playback a lot and i couldn't be without that app now :D
Just been fiddling with this as my dongle arrived this morning.
Very nice program :D Although I do wish it had compatibility with VLC.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Ahh didn't think of looking at their forums, looked at their official plugins on the site and that was it.

Back
Top Bottom