1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones?

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by bloodline76, 19 May 2006.

1. bloodline76

Sgarrista

Has any had any of these before? I heard that they have replaced the wire which is more stable now.

2. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

ive got some of these never had any trouble with the cable so im not sure what ya mean?? there pretty good... the creative EP 630's are cheaper and perform just as well to be honest

3. bloodline76

Sgarrista

Well in a certain onilne shop there are loads of complaints about the wire stripping away, so just wondering.

4. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

ah k well i have not had a problem but if there fixing it then i recommend them, or the creatives or as u said in another thread the senheisers which are the same as the creatives

5. xb8browney

Soldato

The wire drops to peaces

6. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Yep the Senns/Creatives/Sharp MD-33s are the same drivers, only difference I know (apart from maybe the wire/driver quality) is that the Sharps have a neck chain and the Creatives have a Y neck. not sure about the sennheisers though.

7. bloodline76

Sgarrista

Apparently they have redesigned the wire and wondering what they are like?

8. xb8browney

Soldato

Got a new pair 2 weeks ago as my wire dropped apart. they seem a little different my last pair lasted 5months

9. fish99

Soldato

I hated the ones I had. Shrill highs, boomy bass, absent mids. Sennheiser CX300 sound far superior for the same money if you must have canal phones.

10. james.miller

Capodecina

its the new wires that are the problem. its almost as if they are made from some rubber/foam hybrid. after a few months the outer layer starts to dry up and eventually falls apart. Mine have done this, my gf's older pair of ex71's are perfectly fine, but the wires on those are much heavier and also a little thicker:)

11. poltergeist666

Gangster

I also did a search on the Sony's as I had shortlisted them - and was put off by the amount of people who said that the wire was fragile and caused problems after little use.

For not a lot more money, I bought a pair of Shure e3c's off of a well known auction site.

12. Psypher5

Sgarrista

An older pair of sony's are the dogs. THe newer phase they started selling are complete and utter parp. Steer clear of them, you can get much better for your money now.
    Sharp md-33s for example :)

13. Mundu

Mobster

I must of bought mine about 1 and half years now and the only thing that stripped off was the rubber around the connectors, Nothing big they still work finr plus I used to really treat them rough.