Sony Playstation 3 Launch Titles

Soldato
Emlyn_Dewar said:
Gran Turismo available from launch? Now come on, there's dreams and then there's insane ramblings...

Do you know much about GT5's development.

AFAIK, during the research phase for GT4 they got huge amounts of data. A lot of which they could not use.. due to PS2 limitations. This means they wont have to be doing all the rounds again with the cars. They pretty much took everything they needed for GT5.

Soldato
That list is very thin and there will definetly be a lot more that that! hopefully they wont all be x-360 EA ports! but you can guaretee there will be a few. GT series is always late because he (whatever his longwinded jap name is) is an absolute perfectionist and probably will not settle for the info he collected when doing GT4. I think it needs a breath of fresh air, I got bored of GT4 very quickly and every bone in my body was telling me it was amazing in every way and I have loved the other 4 before it (or 3.5). Just couldent put my finger on why I didnt like it as much. PGR3 however has me hooked after weeks and does not look like changing any time soon GT1 remake with more cars and tracks and next gen graphics for the win!

Associate
That has to be a Japanese launch, not many titles there for a western market.. Also where's the FF title? The MGS title? If that was all there was on launch I'd prolly take my pre-order back and tell em to offer it to some other sucker :D

Soldato
I think I'll be waiting until there is a few killer apps before I get one, so I wont be pre ordering or rushing to get one at launch. The xbox 360 should still be doing me proud by then. I dont like MGS, Love final fantasy but 10 and 10-2 I didnt like at all. GT series is amazing but GT4 left me cold for some reason. Were going to need a few breaths of fresh air on the PS3 exclusive games front for me.

Associate
There was another topic which had a link to the top 10 reasons to wait for a PS3 and not get a 360.. The PS3 'killer app' ended up being there twice :p

In this line up I don't see it. If they aren't going to do a close launch date wise then they need something more to 'beat' the M$ launch as we all know that the launch comparison will happen on day 1.

Soldato
Sony will snub europe as usual and we will get it 6-10 months after japan and 3-5 months after america. Which makes what microsoft have done amazing in my book. they have had a go. It could have been better but at the end of the day within the next month anyone who wants one will have one, if the worlwide lauch wasnt attempted, then we would still be 6 months from release day! and the line up was good. not great, good. Kameo condemned PGR, even fifa looks good! Sony need to pull something seriously out of the hat to match it then gain extra to explain why they are a year late, by the time the UK see it there will be PGR 4 most probably, as well as HALO for definate! plus annother 100 + games. This PS3 needs to be nothing short of amazing, and I hope it is! :D

Soldato
Is it me or have both manufacturers severly overlooked the power of that Killer app...

I know i bought an xbox purely for halo when it came out...

I probably would have done the same for Halo 3.

Soldato
gord said:
Do you know much about GT5's development.

AFAIK, during the research phase for GT4 they got huge amounts of data. A lot of which they could not use.. due to PS2 limitations. This means they wont have to be doing all the rounds again with the cars. They pretty much took everything they needed for GT5.

Even taking that into consideration, I still think it'll be delayed for the PS3. It was supposed to be a launch title for the PSP but still hasn't surfaced.

Associate
:o nothing their that make me think WOW

Have sony lost the plot?

I really think sony have got very lazy in recent times i was hoping for more

Thinking twice now about preording one :mad:

Associate
andy8271 said:
gran turismo 5 is a good enough reason for me to want a PS3 at launch,

I have played GT4 to death now and to be honest i cant see GT5 offering much more other then better graphics

Is a shame that sony have decided not to create their own "xbox live" GT5 online (good online not crappy 3rd party online) would be great

Man of Honour
Well it could be more sim-like, but doubt they'd do that as it would be too hard for people then.

There's no reason why GT5 wouldn't be online, just if Sony don't do a central 'Live' system, then you'll probably just have to create an account for GT5 only.

Soldato
The GT series are always delayed. GT3 was supposed to be a PS2 launch title, GT Mobile supposed to be a PSP launch title etc.

They release it when its ready, which is no bad thing as its usually worth it, but I wouldnt get your hopes up on the release date to be honest

Back
Top Bottom