Sony PSP

Soldato
I dont mind the pricing, i doubt its going over £300, and as long as the batter life is over 8 hours on games then im buying it.

My best gaming experiences have been on the PS2/PSOne, so i'd love to have that power handheld.

I dont mind its size either, its just a portable, not pocketable.

Soldato
I want one :) , but want a ds aswell :(. Think will have to get the ds for christmas , then the psp later , as long as there is a chip for it , as region lockout on portable console is stupid.

Soldato
Because it's portable , I might go on holiday , take the psp with me , see a game out there and want to buy and play it.

There just being stupid , there aint no excuse for it like pal/ntsc differences.

Associate
If the battery is alright, which I presume it will be, I mean, come on, like they'd make it really short anyway, I think I might get one. I'll have to wait and see how the games on this and the Nintendo DS compare though.

Associate
The problem is that battery technology just hasn't advanced at the same pace as the technology that uses it. The limits of current NiCad (is that the best? my memory is a tad hazy on the specifics) have pretty much been reached. There was an article in new scientist a year or so ago basically outlining the huge problems manufacturers of cool stuff are facing because of it and basically saying that the only way forward in terms of portable power is a completely new technology.

How vague was that :rolleyes: :D

Soldato
Originally posted by teabagger
The problem is that battery technology just hasn't advanced at the same pace as the technology that uses it. The limits of current NiCad (is that the best? my memory is a tad hazy on the specifics) have pretty much been reached. There was an article in new scientist a year or so ago basically outlining the huge problems manufacturers of cool stuff are facing because of it and basically saying that the only way forward in terms of portable power is a completely new technology.

How vague was that :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, i've noticed the batteries have been slowing everything around it. I think its Li-ion (Lithium Ion) thats the latest batteries, followed by Ni-Mh. Ni-Cad is actually one of the older rechargeable technologies :p with terrible memory effects.

I wish more portable devices nowadays made it easier for us to carry spare batteries. Thats one quick solution. MD players have always had this, very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom