Sony Trinitron -How to set the sleep timer?

Soldato
Hey, is it possible to set a sleep timer on the old school trinintrons? It's this remote, and i'm stumped!

08_1_b.JPG

thanks.

Soldato
I have not got the full manual as I bought the last ex demo model in the shop but I do have a xerox copy of what they had.At the moment it is buried in in the bottom of a drawer at home,I'll try and remember to dig it out tonight and have look.
If I have not got back to you and you still need to know drop me a gentle reminder in an email (in trust)

Soldato
here we go
for the Sony Trinitron KV-X series
On the full function side of the remote press'Menu'
Press the Yellow button to select 'Features'
press the respective colour button to select item.in this case it's 'RED'
Press Menu +/- to change
it will rotate through
OFF->0:30->1:0->1:30->2:0 hours

Press the 'Menu' button twice or wait until the display disapears automatically to return to normal viewing.

The Green button is the Parental lock
The Yellow button is for TV button Lock (the buttons on the TV will stop working)
The Blue button is for demo mode....a sequence of menu pictures is displayed and pressing any button on the remote will stop this function (I've never used it so don't know why you would press it in the first place :))
The White button is for Language selection for the OSD

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Isn't that remote one that's actually two remotes? Ie. you press the two side buttons and the bottom slides off and round to reveal a remote on the other side?

I used to play with mine so much I broke it :o

Soldato
OP
DaveMac said:
Can't see the remote photo clearly enough, but mine has a small clock face icon button you press to cycle throught the timer pre-sets.

I can see a clockface, it's grey but it's not on the button, it's underneath it? You must have to press another button with it but what!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Have you tried flipping the remote - or does doing that just reveal a simpler side? By pressing the two buttons at the top sides...

/edit - looking at your previous post (with remote on it) I'm stumped as the timer button is on this side (but in grey) so just need to find either another button to hold whilst pressing it, or it should just work anyway - as I presume the button functions as something else when using teletext...or something!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom