Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
I don't know about you guys but I'm impressed by this phone. Here are some of the specs

-6.1” 120Hz FHD+ HDR OLED
-Triple 12MP Cameras
Primary 24mm
Ultrawide 16mm
Telephoto 70mm
-Real-time Eye AF
-8MP Selfie Cam
-4K HDR 120fps slow-motion
-Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G
-8GB + 128GB UFS (+MicroSD)
-3.5mm audio jack
-4,000mAh
£799

https://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_...me_hardware_as_the_xperia_1_ii-news-45321.php

I sort of regret importing the Snapdragon S20 now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m bang in the market for something like this phone, so it’s annoying they announced it in September and it won’t be available until (iirc) early December. By then I’ll have almost certainly bought something else.

I’m not really a big fan of super tall and narrow phones.

Soldato
The GSMArena review is up. Everything looks good, though they mention the display could be brighter and the selfie cam is weak.

I had a quick read, seems like a good phone. The Best Sony p hi one in years in fact. Kudos to Sony. I'd take this over any Samsung handset thanks to the stock like software.

As stated I would have liked the screen to go at least 500 nits in manual mode.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sony scored 103 hours on the GSMArena battery test with a 4000mah battery, while the Galaxy S20 only scored 78 hours, with the same 4000mah. Both phones at 120hz.

That can't all be attributed to Exynos vs 865, but the UK S20 really has a miserable battery life whichever way you look at it.

Soldato
Yep. That review from GSM Arena really does make me want this device even more.

I know for a fact the price is what will drive me away

Sony haven't even revealed the price or preorder bundle (the presence of which is implied) on their UK site. Their preparation for release into a fairly major market is not excellent.

Back
Top Bottom