Sony Xperia P or a different Android sub £150?

Soldato
Hi

I've been looking for a new Android phone sub £150.

The Sony's look good. They have unlockable bootloaders. They have custom ROMs. The Xperia P will also be given an official JellyBean OS by March/April. It's a dual 1ghz core.

A good idea - or are there other phones that people would recommend?

The Huawei Ascend G300 seems well supported, but it's gettng a bit old now isn't it?

I had high hopes for the San Diego sold by Orange, but it turns out Intel have it completely locked down.

Would appreciate you thoughts!

Thanks

Associate
Of you're considering second hand, look out for a Sensation, they can be had for £85 often.

Don't worry about locked/branded ones, is easy to fix that for nowt.

Caporegime
Haven't used the sensation for a long time, but I can definitely remember it being nowhere as smooth as the gs 2 or as snappy.

Personally I dislike the screen, too washed out compared to other lcd screens, but then I prefer samoled for the saturated colours :p the res. of the gs 2 screen is a bit dated now but the screen is still superb overall and has a rgb sub pixel arrangement instead of pentile so still looks sharp enough when it comes to text.

Also the battery life isn't as good (even more so when you add the external battery) as well as the camera (especially 1080p recording) etc.

Main advantagee of the sensation is the build/perceived quality.

Another thing to remember is that the gs 2 will be getting jb and the newest touchwiz version in January, AFAIK HTC haven't even mentioned when the sensation will be getting the update.

Back
Top Bottom