*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Associate
Google keyboard is probably the best imo - was a long term Swype advocate but they failed to fix long term bugs and instead added new features so jumped to google keyboard and not looked back.

I tried the google keyboard but couldn't find the "return" key.
it has a smiley key instead...is there a way to have a return key instead ?

Associate
I tried the google keyboard but couldn't find the "return" key.
it has a smiley key instead...is there a way to have a return key instead ?

It's the blue key ..
20141023_120724.jpg

Associate
It's the blue key ..
20141023_120724.jpg

It only appears when typing a recipient in text message.
As soon as I go to the main body of the message it is replaced by a smiley button....Oh and it's not blue.

AND..whats with the warning that google keyboard may collect everything I type including credit card numbers...that's a bit worrying !

Associate
Fuming!! Phone has been in my pocket most of the morning, only taken out for light use, not put down anywhere only been in my hand. Get a phone call, trying to answer to swipe only to notice a crack going from corner to corner. Only a small part of the screen works. How this has happened has baffled me.

Soldato
It seems from a quick search that on the early Xperia Z phones Sony repaired cracks as a warranty claim (even if out of warranty) where there is a single hairline crack.

If this is temperature related then using it in Russia this winter might be problematic :D

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of an update. Sony want me to send the phone in so that they can see if it is a manufacturing defect or if it is because of impact damage. If it isn't a manufacturing fault then I can have them repair the phone at a cost which the guy on the phone couldn't tell me. More than likely it will be far more than the cost of my insurance excess (£25). Might just let my insurer dealing with it as I can see it being a lengthy ordeal if I decide to send it to Sony.

Soldato
I'd want a very good explanation of how exactly they've determined its impact damage if that's what they say. Honestly people need to stop accepting this nonsense, if you know you haven't dropped it don't let them scrrw you over!

Soldato
Bit of an update. Sony want me to send the phone in so that they can see if it is a manufacturing defect or if it is because of impact damage. If it isn't a manufacturing fault then I can have them repair the phone at a cost which the guy on the phone couldn't tell me. More than likely it will be far more than the cost of my insurance excess (£25). Might just let my insurer dealing with it as I can see it being a lengthy ordeal if I decide to send it to Sony.

Who are you insured with if you dont mind me asking? Good luck either way.

does anyone have this accuweather app installed as standard? Is there anyway to have it go to the weather of your location?

This is my first smart phone ever I'm a little behind on this android stuff :o

Back
Top Bottom