• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sorry guys but another should I get a new gpu thread

Associate
Basically I am looking to build a new system but more than likely this would be early next year now. I am currently running a 980ti with a i7 3770k cpu 16 gig ram..bla bla bla.....I do game at 144hz but am not a frame junkie just as long as my game looks ok and runs ok I'm ok. I have noticed my system just starting to show it's age and was thinking should I like a few others upgrade my gpu short term . Would this be a good move or would my ageing cpu hold me back. I would like to spend between £200 and £300....and realistic about what I cold get . Any recommendations would be great.Just 1 thing I do run a g sync monitor so it's got to be nvidia...games I play are he'll let loose. Squad and a lot of arma3. Cheers chaps..

Associate
If you're under 4K and mostly happy with the performance I don't see much point. If I were you, I'd wait until the dust settles with the current generation of GPUs being released, pick up the best you can afford then wait for a platform with DDR5 to pair it with.

I'm on Haswell-E and already painfully aware that even at 4K this old girl (5820K) is going to be a slight bottleneck with a 3080.

Based on your top-end budget of £300 I doubt there's going to be anything new or used worth your time upgrading to, however.

Back
Top Bottom