1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry guys

Discussion in 'Team OcUK Distributed Computing Projects' started by Stan_Lite, 6 May 2007.

1. WJA96

Capodecina

It does seem very sad, and I know exactly what you're going through as I switched 80% of my machines to another Team some time ago, but especially since you seemed to grow while you were here.

Anyway - Thanks, keep your nose between the ditches and good luck.

2. Whitestar

Wise Guy

Really sorry to hear you'r leaving Stan. I'm gonna miss the tussle we had at the top. I hope after time you'll feel its ok for you to come back, if not to fold, at least to have a chat.

Mark

3. Cob

Capodecina

Good luck where-ever you go dude.

I kinda enjoyed having a crick in my neck from looking up at you :(

4. 4T5

Man of Honour

:( Real Sorry to see you go mate, Real sorry.

5. Steedie

Man of Honour

:( Noooooooooo

Sorry to hear it mate

Take care and happy folding from now on

6. Pilgrim57

Wise Guy

I'm sorry you're going but wish you all the best.:( :) I echo a lot of the other comments re advise, banta & yr great contirbution to Team OcUK. I'm still full of flu so can't make this more pithy - I hope you find a happy place.

Fold on Bigstan.

7. SiriusB

Capodecina

Nooo! Who am I going to enjoy a glass [read: bottle] of Double Wood with!? :eek:

No idea why you are leaving [been away this weekend] but I am sorry to see you go. Can I have that 4400+ now? :p

All the best mate :)

8. Joe42

Mobster

So long, and thanks for all the WUs. :)

You've been truly an asset to the team and an outstanding member of this community, i wish you well wherever you go.

Unfortunately, i believe it will always be like that here because of the way its run.
    If i'd known that before i joined i wouldn't have joined, but it takes so long before you discover what its really like that at least for me its too late to leave.

I'm here now, so i'm going to make the best of it and try to ignore the things that go on which really wind me up, but i understand very well indeed why others, many with very high post counts, who have made enormous contributions to this community and helped thousands of people with their problems, decide to leave. :(

The fact that this thread is against the rules only serves to reinforce my point.

9. Zefan

Don

Shame to see a big producer like you leave, although I won't have to keep RTM'ing your sig now :p

Been nice crunching with you.

10. WJA96

Capodecina

Vive la revolution

11. lay-z-boy

Sgarrista

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Why have you joined 'them' :(

It's sad to see a face go :(

12. VeNT

Capodecina

wasn't always this way

13. uncle_fungus

Gangster

Hey, I'm one of them ;)

14. rich99million

Sgarrista

I knew we shouldn't have let you in :p :D

seems a little quiet over there, at least in the folding team part - I'm sure Stan will sort that out though when he gets back ;)

15. shadowscotland

Sgarrista

If one person can reispire a whole team to 'up their game' then that really benifical to the science - gooooo00000000OOOOOO! stan

16. Stan_Lite

Man of Honour

Thank you for all of your kind words guys - I'm genuinely moved by the reaction.

I'm not discounting the possibilty of coming back and will pop in for a look now and then to see how things are. If the old community spirit comes back (like it is in here) to the rest of the forums and the content in certain parts improves, then I would consider posting again.

To my sparring partners in the upper echelons, I'll miss our little tussles too but I'm sure you'll find a way to keep yourselves amused in my absence.

To Berserker and Rich, I would like to thank you for your help and encouragement - Berserker for all your help in my SETI days and Rich for getting me into Folding (you guys have cost me thousands :p ).

To the whole Folding team and the other teams throughout the various projects currently running, I wish you all the best of luck.

I've spent many a happy hour in this place. I couldn't wish for a better bunch of team mates. Hopefully I can help engender the same team spirit we have here in my new team.

This wil probably be my last post here for the foreseeable future so, in time honoured fashion, I would like to say:

FOLD ON TEAM 10 :D

Stan :)

17. Stelly

Don

Really big shame your leaving :(

Stelly

18. shadowscotland

Sgarrista

:( :D ;) :o - mixed emotion

- can I surgest that this week only, the news posts are signed off - fold on team 10 - as a thankyou to stan's involvement.

19. Stelly

Don

Agreed...

Stelly

Fold On Team 10!!!! ;)

20. verbal

Wise Guy

It's a bold move Stan and I respect you for it. Hope you enjoy your new team as much as you enjoyed folding for OcUK.