Sorted out my Stacker at long last ;)

Soldato
james.miller said:
what on blazes are you talking about Neon. am i the only person who doesnt like stackers? You bet your arse im not. This is a discussion forum you ninny. Not everybody has the same opinion:) and i dont know where you get this 'always' from anyway. The case IMO only, looks cheap. Its very versatile, but looks cheap. If you dont like that, dont bother quoting me.

I feel the same.
It's massive, and it's probably pretty sturdy, but it doesn't look much, and for that much I'd like my case to be pleasing on the eye:).

Associate
SiriusB said:
Oh WOW! You sir have just made my bloody year! You're like the only other person on these forums, aside from me, who hates doors on cases :D

Oh happy days!

SiriusB

*wants to order his rig NOW, has to wait a week :(*

From what I've read, the new version (the 830), gives you the option to hang the door from either side, or remove it if you dont want the door on so you get the best of both worlds ;)

Associate
DragonWoLf said:
how would a 2nd PSU help for me? i dont see how??

Doesn't have to be a PSU that goes in the slot, it means water cooling gear can fit in without too mutch trouble.

It also means that if you wanted to fit a second power supply (to power a large number of HDDs etc) then it can be done easily.

Soldato
RussellMrgn said:
From what I've read, the new version (the 830), gives you the option to hang the door from either side, or remove it if you dont want the door on so you get the best of both worlds ;)

Not sure I want to pay an extra 50 quid for the amazing feature of getting a door I can take off lol :p

I think I will stick with getting a CM Stacker 810 :D

SiriusB

Associate
hey, why not put another fan in the bottom PSU bay? er... and what's the benefit of the stacker against the thermaltake armour, if i only want a system with one PSU?

Soldato
Coolermaster cases are sturdier and better built than the Thermaltake cases as far as I am aware.

The features they both have a pretty similar so it's really down to what you prefer the look of.

SiriusB

Associate
Looking good there Pablo :)

I have the same one - but went for black bezels:

stacker-1.jpg

stacker-2.jpg

stacker-3.jpg

It's er....very bloo inside :D

Soldato
james.miller said:
what on blazes are you talking about Neon. am i the only person who doesnt like stackers? You bet your arse im not. This is a discussion forum you ninny. Not everybody has the same opinion:) and i dont know where you get this 'always' from anyway. The case IMO only, looks cheap. Its very versatile, but looks cheap. If you dont like that, dont bother quoting me.

yeah.. sorry guys I'm with James on this.. I can't stand how the mobo looks lost in there!

Each to their own though, I can certainly see it has advantages.. and at least it doesn't have a door!

Soldato
omg the stacker looks so much better with a side window and LED's. I wikll have to be getting some of these!!

madmaca are they fan LED's are stand alone?

Also I have a Sanosonic PSU and all *** cables are crappy! what cables are you guys using? I only got the grey ones which pabloB put in his 3rd post of pictures.

I like the ones pabloB is using in his first lot, or is that a hiper psu? (hoping its not as I would like to have something with a similar look:p)

Associate
DanMc07 said:
omg the stacker looks so much better with a side window and LED's. I wikll have to be getting some of these!!

Also I have a Sanosonic PSU and all *** cables are crappy! what cables are you guys using? I only got the grey ones which pabloB put in his 3rd post of pictures.

I like the ones pabloB is using in his first lot, or is that a hiper psu? (hoping its not as I would like to have something with a similar look:p)

I replaced the stock fans with cheapo 120mm Blue LED fans (about £3 each). Since I use a fan controller I wasn't too bothered about how noisy they were, I have them turned down to about 5v anyway (just enough to keep the LEDs lit). I also have 2 x Blue CCs in there and a Hiper PSU with braided cables (they come pre-braided).

Hope that helps.

Associate
OP
DanMc07 said:

Yeah thats a Hypert Modular PSU in mine. Madmaca thats a stunning side window - home made or the standard CM part?

Back
Top Bottom