Sorted out my Stacker at long last ;)

Associate
sorry for the bounce, how do you remove a 4in3 cage from a stacker? for the life of me i cant get the sucker out! i've tried messing around with those snappy things on the side of the cases and there arent any screws holding them in.

the thing wont budge have googled even, and still no joy

Associate
tomos said:
sorry for the bounce, how do you remove a 4in3 cage from a stacker? for the life of me i cant get the sucker out! i've tried messing around with those snappy things on the side of the cases and there arent any screws holding them in.

I found the bits of plastic sometimes get caught on the sides, just try to wiggle it a bit tbh after releasing the catches (is it loose at all?)

Associate
tomos said:

they are screwed in too ;)

Look inside the holes in the drive cage where the 4-in3 is located - you should see some tiny screws....

Associate
madmaca said:
they are screwed in too ;)

Look inside the holes in the drive cage where the 4-in3 is located - you should see some tiny screws....

Those "Tiny Screws" only hold the plastic sliders onto the 4 in 3 module not to the case

Suspended
To remove the drive module you need to flip the black levers, check if any screws are fixed, remove front bays. It might require a bit of wiggling (if the removeable bits stick out and are getting caught.

I have the black (sides & top) with silver front bezel 810 :)

Associate
i've flipped back the levers but havent had any joy. things almost like its superglued in! :D

i have the older stacker tho (the classic ;) )

will give it another shot tho

Associate
YYYEEESSS!!!!

finally got the damn thing free! :cool: i was trying to pull it from the inside, now got it done finally :D only took me a week :o

p.s, there should be a smiley for doing a jig!

Back
Top Bottom