1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul reaver & Soul reaver 2 Problems

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Jericho.u.k, 8 Jun 2010.

1. Jericho.u.k

Hitman

Hi all
    I recently decided to reinstall all my soul reaver games.
    soul reaver defiance works perfectly but both soul reaver 1 & 2 refuse to work.

Soul reaver 1 just will not start i always get the same error message that it has stopped working after a few seconds of it trying to load.

Soul reaver 2 does load but the screen just goes through a cycle of trippy colours making seeing anything almost virtually impossible.

I have applied both all the official and even the unofficial fan made patches i could find to enable the games to work on vista, tried running both as a admin and set the exes to run in compatability mode but all to no avail.

I hope some member here can help me

Thank you in advance for any ideas

2. metalmackey

Wise Guy

What compatability mode are you trying? Try a different one and see if that works. Maybe even try in a virtual machine if you have and old windows lying about:)

3. Jericho.u.k

Hitman

I have tried all compatability modes.
    As for a virtual machine .....i have not tried it because i know absolutley nothing about it

Thanks for the reply

Last edited: 8 Jun 2010
  4. Jericho.u.k

Hitman

Ok a update

I have now got soul reaver 1 too work but still have the same problems with soul reaver 2........under further investigation the game does load albeit with the trippy colours but if i press enter to start it plays the opening movie perfectly but when it finishes and goes back into game graphics i still have the trippy colours thing which makes it unplayable as i cannot see a thing.

any ideas would be appriciated.

5. Jericho.u.k

Hitman

Ok the final update
    After a registry change to disable vshaders i have gotten soul reaver 2 to work also.

Thank you to the 1 person that had any ideas and tried to help me.

6. metalmackey

Wise Guy

I'm glad you got 'em to work:)

7. Jericho.u.k

Hitman

Thanks for your suggestions :)