Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-E SDPIF Out?

Associate
OK i have a sound blaster X-fi and im trying to connect the sound to my asus en950gt but the card doesnt have a spdif connector can i use the front panel connection on the card or will this not work?

Associate
OP
As theguy says to get sound through hdmi i have the spdif connector on my mobo but not one on the sound card im using? I have also relised that if i connect to the front pannel out on the sound card it mutes my speakers? looks like Creative have made a booboo again lol any help would be great.

MOBO = Asus P5N73-AM
GFX = Asus EN9500GT
Soundcard = SB X-Fi Titanium

Associate
you would'nt be able to use the header on the mobo because thats for the soundcard which is on the mobo, it has nothing to do with the xfi. hmm, tricky situation.. :/
i guess thinkign about it, you could always use your mobo soundcard just for the hdmi sound? a waste of cash for your soundcard, but would be at be an easy connection to get sound via your telly.
you could always go analogue with your sound. line out and all that.

Last edited:
Soldato
im a bit lost here ....so you're trying to send sound from your soundcard into your nvidia graphics card ?

i didnt know i was so far behind ...im stumped lol

i know the ati cards can send audio & picture through hdmi but didnt know nvidia cards could do it.

Associate
OP
Yeah i think he only way to do it is to go through onboard sound? Not what i want to do but looks like my only option.

memory you need to connect from an spdif to two pin next to the hdmi on the graphic card dont think you need to do that on ati cards?

Soldato
Yeah i think he only way to do it is to go through onboard sound? Not what i want to do but looks like my only option.

memory you need to connect from an spdif to two pin next to the hdmi on the graphic card dont think you need to do that on ati cards?

Nvidia cards do not generate any audio. Effectively some of them have SPDIF audio passthrough.

All recent ATI cards have an onboard HDMI audio chip and generate PCM (up to 7.1 on the 4 series cards, 2/5.1 IIRC on the 3 and 2 series)/DD etc onboard; the more advanced solution, which for one doesnt require extra cabling (bar HDMI/DVI ATI adaptor)

Back
Top Bottom