1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Card

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by brenkehoe, 13 Apr 2006.

1. brenkehoe

Associate

Got about £200 to buy a sound card for my rig, It needs to have 2 audio inputs red/white or left right so i can plug my decks and mixer in. Any suggestions ?

2. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Id go for the XFi Fatal1ty or the Xfi Elite pro if you need lots of inputs and outputs

3. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Retail (SC-031-CL)
    Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro delivers Xtreme Fidelity audio creation and entertainment to the PC. Its premium quality 116dB SNR DACs deliver unsurpassed audio quality, while the external I/O module includes guitar, microphone and headphone jacks with independent volume controls. Other features include a phono preamp for direct recording from vinyl, with audio clean-up, MIDI I/O, and optical and coaxial digital I/O. Front panel controls give direct access to EAX effects, 24-bit Crystalizer to restore 'sparkle' to recordings, and CMSS-3D for stunning headphone surround and up-mix. Audio Creation Mode features bit-accurate ASIO at multiple sample rates with latency as low as 1ms. With 24-bit Effects, 24-bit SoundFont sampling and 3D MIDI, this is the ultimate in audio quality, connectivity and control for the PC.

- Comprehensive and convenient analogue and digital connectivity with remote control.
    - Low latency ASIO, 24-bit effects, 24-bit Sound Font support and 3D MIDI.
    - CMSS-3D for incredible surround sound over stereo headphones, plus stereo-to-surround up-mix for headphones and multi-channel speakers.
    - 24-bit Crystalizer makes all audio sound better, including MP3/WMA, streaming audio and video, DivX and DVD movies.
    - Active Modal Architecture with 'Entertainment', 'Gaming' and 'Audio Creation' modes dedicates the processor 100% to the task at hand, with an easy-to-use interface for each mode.
    - Perfect partner for high-end Creative speakers and peripherals.

Price: £193.82 Including VAT at 17.5%

Job done :)

4. Aidoscuz

Hitman

Yep, go for the X-Fi Elite Pro. I've got one and it has the red and white input you need.

5. brenkehoe

Associate

Ill go for that any ideas on speakers guess 2.1 of some description

6. squiffy

Banned

7. TooNice

Hitman

Side note: if you don't game, you may want to look at the EMU 1212. The Elite Pro is a more versatile card, but you are basically paying an extra £50 or so, for gaming support.