Sound from an Xbox 360 through a Sharp 42XD1E using HD

Associate
Hi all,

Just got a Sharp 42XD1E LCD. Wanted to try the only HD thing at the moment I've got to plug into it, my Xbox 360. The TV came with a vga converter thing that my rbg connectors from my xbox plugged into, that vga then goes in EXT4 on the TV and bingo I've got my lovely picture.

But how do I get audio out of the damn thing ? the sound for EXT4 has only one 3.5mm audio jack (that does left and right in one), but my 360 has an optical cable. At the moment I can only get audio using the scart lead converter that comes with my 360 but then it's only playing a SD signal not HD :(

Please tell me I'm doing something blindingly stupid and I should be doing x y or z.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Apart from the door ;)

Cheers,

Soldato
By the sounds of it your using the cable that came with your 360 (i'm assuming you have the premium) connected to a convertor that came with your tv to convert component to vga in which case:

The component cable for the 360 has 6 plugs split into two groups of three. Red, green and blue for HD video, and then the other three which are yellow for composite video and red and white audio for either composite or component. As your tv has a 3.5mm plug, you need a phono to mini-jack audio connection, which shouldn't cost more than a few pounds.

Associate
OP
BUSH said:
By the sounds of it your using the cable that came with your 360 (i'm assuming you have the premium) connected to a convertor that came with your tv to convert component to vga in which case:

The component cable for the 360 has 6 plugs split into two groups of three. Red, green and blue for HD video, and then the other three which are yellow for composite video and red and white audio for either composite or component. As your tv has a 3.5mm plug, you need a phono to mini-jack audio connection, which shouldn't cost more than a few pounds.

Yup using the 360 premium cable. I'll buy a phono to mini-jack then.

Thanks for the info, was a bit annoying playing NHL 07 without sound :)
Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom