Soundcards with RCA outputs

Soldato
Looks like there aren't that many soundcards these days with RCA outputs. Looking for a card with outputs to feed into an Audiolab 8000A. Currently feeding from the motherboard sound with a 3.5mm jack to RCA connection.

Looks like it's either the Creative ZXR card or ASUS Essence card

Soldato
What's wrong with using a 3.5mm jack to RCA cable? I seriously doubt you'd ever be able to hear a difference, especially from PC audio (however good).

Associate
Amazon basics 3.5mm to 2-Male RACA Adapter Cable, they are very good cables for the price, recommended quite a lot in Audio forums.

This is like what some reviewers tested with hdmi cables, when i mean hdmi cables they tested for differences between the very cheap hdmi cable to expensive hdmi cables, apparently no difference between them but i think hdmi cables treated for anti electric interference well yea may be different.

Anyways i am using a cheap 5 quid usb a to b cable (amazon basics brand) for my amp dac setup, sounds great no complaints here.

Dan.

Soldato
I own both an Essence ST and STX II, these have RCA outputs.

Motherboard audio is poor compared to above. In my home office i'm using Prodipe studio monitors, and in the living room Pioneer separates and Yamaha Soavo floor standing speakers, once you connect motherboard audio into a good front end it reveals how bad is it. My source is Amazon Music HD that plays in FLAC.

Last edited:
Associate
This is like what some reviewers tested with hdmi cables, when i mean hdmi cables they tested for differences between the very cheap hdmi cable to expensive hdmi cables, apparently no difference between them but i think hdmi cables treated for anti electric interference well yea may be different.

Anyways i am using a cheap 5 quid usb a to b cable (amazon basics brand) for my amp dac setup, sounds great no complaints here.

Dan.

ASR did a comparison a while back - assuming the cable wasn't assembled by a blind donkey, the only real difference you'll see comes from using a shorter cable.

Associate
Just adding this, I used to use a basic 3.5m - RCA and when I upgraded to QED performance the difference was really good. I didn't get any noticeable improvement when I upgraded speaker cable, just the interconnect, I think some of the plugs are pretty low quality. I'm hoping to get a SBx AE-9 to use the real RCA jacks for front speakers (also DSD, gold capacitors and and swappable op amps) but the price is crazy and hardly any 2nd hand ones available everywhere I look. The ae-5 is worth the £100 but no RCA out.

Associate
I use an Elfidelity axf-8 which has Optical, RCA, and 3.5mm outputs (with Burson V6 opamps). Has a really good DAC which is one of the reasons I picked it up.

I use the 3.5mm connection to my valve amp since I made a custom silver cable many years ago and have no need to change to RCA which feed my headphone amp.

Paid something like £70 for it 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom