soundcards

Associate
Hi, i am looking to buy a soundcard as im still using on board sound :(

i have a set of Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers which sound OK but i would like to get the most out of them.

I also have a pair of sennheiser pc161s which i use for games.

I listen to a lot of music so i would like the card to be good for music and for gaming (css) - i was looking at the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty or preludes but is it worth the extra ££ over the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

not really bothered about 5.1/7.1 as i am happy with my 2.1 set up and have no plans on getting 5.1/7.1 :)

if anyone could give me some advice on which card to get would be great as i have not brought a soundcard before :rolleyes:

//Nebs

Suspended
got the normal gamer here and no complaints apart from a few dodgy drivers by creative.

makes a big difference in sound quality, i see no reason for the Fatality edition tbh

Associate
OP
thanks for the replys - i think i will be going with the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer as i think i would get the most out of that card.

when/if i get rid of the Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1 Speakers for a decent amp/speakers i know where to look for the sound card (i want to make a HTPC on day)

cheers

//nebs

Back
Top Bottom