Soundproofing in a rented house?

Soldato
No no no. You said in post 3 that 'you can't get that kind of reproduction with the type of headphones I can afford', intimating that there ARE a type of headphone that will allow you to do this.

Links to those with prices please.

Associate
So what stops you bouncing all audio to just one set of cans?

Because its impossible to mix bass freqs on cans, the representation is disproportionate. What sounds great in cans will sounds terrible on a hifi. You need to use reference monitors with a flat freq response.

Permabanned
OP
So what stops you bouncing all audio to just one set of cans?

Look, as I said, when you mix, you have the master audio (what you hear from club speakers) coming from one audio out. To be able to beatmatch, and thus mix effectively, you need to use the headphone out on your decks to monitor the incoming track, without it playing through the main out. This is why it can't be bounced to one set of cans.

Permabanned
OP
What did you eggs-pect This is GD :p
Show some eggspect everyone
Okay, I'm done. I think I've honestly eggshausted my brain of words I could use now :o
Time for some Fresh Air and

eggsercise

Eggsellent use of puns there :)

No no no. You said in post 3 that 'you can't get that kind of reproduction with the type of headphones I can afford', intimating that there ARE a type of headphone that will allow you to do this.

Links to those with prices please.

And listen to the person who has studied audio tech:

Because its impossible to mix bass freqs on cans, the representation is disproportionate. What sounds great in cans will sounds terrible on a hifi. You need to use reference monitors with a flat freq response.

As well as my previous post.

Associate

That's a good answer. Thanks.

Permabanned
OP
That's a good answer. Thanks.

Also, read this:

Look, as I said, when you mix, you have the master audio (what you hear from club speakers) coming from one audio out. To be able to beatmatch, and thus mix effectively, you need to use the headphone out on your decks to monitor the incoming track, without it playing through the main out. This is why it can't be bounced to one set of cans.

Associate
I wish you luck dude.. but the life of someone who makes noise for a hobby/profession isn't easy when it comes to practising and all that. Looks like I've always had luck with neighbours.

Soldato
So you state as fact that there are headphones that can do what you want, but you also agree that there aren't headphones that can do what you want :confused:

Make your mind up :rolleyes:

You stated that there are no headphones that you can afford that will do this, yes?

Soldato
Can't be done. I doubt it could be easily done if you had money to throw at the problem. As for egg cartons, forget that idea. Won't do anything.

The answer is: Headphones, do it during social hours or STFU I'm afraid. :)

Associate

You have two ears. I got an answer.

Permabanned
OP
So you state as fact that there are headphones that can do what you want, but you also agree that there aren't headphones that can do what you want :confused:

Make your mind up :rolleyes:

You stated that there are no headphones that you can afford that will do this, yes?

I think you are the one confused here...

Can't be done. I doubt it could be easily done if you had money to throw at the problem. As for egg cartons, forget that idea. Won't do anything.

The answer is: Headphones or STFU I'm afraid.

Yeah, I'm starting to give up on the idea of eggcartons.

Might have to try and rent some studio time elsewhere.

Associate
Yep, this confirms that you have absolutely no idea.

Ah sorry Shayper. I didn't mean to get at you tonight.

I respect that you worry about your neighbours.

You do have two ears - no more - so what you hear is what you hear.

No matter how many decks and mixes you have - you are stuck with owning only two ears. A grand set of headphones will cover them.

Back
Top Bottom