Souness Sacked

Man of Honour
Reesy said:
Bit like Souness, high expectations and not enough on the field ;)

Nobody ever had high expectations for Souness though, even the Newcastle fans. His was one of the few managerial appointments I've ever been truly shocked and astounded by.... it's strange, most managers reach a stage in their career where you think they should probably get the boot, but he never should have got the job in the first place.

What has he ever done in his career? Did OK at Rangers in a mickey mouse league when he had a budget the size of the rest of the division put together. Turned Liverpool from one of the most feared teams in Britain into alsorans. Gave some joker called Ali Dia his 15mins of fame in the premiership. Won a donald duck cup or two. Repaid Rangers by buying a few of their players for twice their true value. Got Blackburn promoted. Frittered another £6m or whatever on the likes of Marco Grabbi.

Seriously, Souness is Championship standard at best. He might just about do OK with a bunch of hardworkers in that division who he might be able to motivate.

Soldato
dear me, doesnt sound good. well i can see relegation looming, and its all freddie sheppards fault. to appoint souness in the first place and with such a big sacking clause, to get rid of him and all his chump arse dimwit jokers like mc dermott and dean saunders will cost the club around 5 million. not to mention again sacking a manager after a transfer window closes.

Soldato
i dare say a lot of them will. another point i heard was that listed as assets most of the players are vastly over priced. shearer is down as like 30 million or something! its looking like leeds all over again!

Soldato
also how pro souness is the media, that sod alan green wouldnt have a bad word said about him and ive just seen alan pardue on sky sports say, its always sad when a manager gets sacked and my sympathy is with graeme and his family.

hang on hes getting paid off millions for doing utter cack. my sympathy is with all the fans who have paid hard earnt money to watch the ******* *** **** football hes dished up.

Permabanned
vanpeebles said:
dear me, doesnt sound good. well i can see relegation looming, and its all freddie sheppards fault. to appoint souness in the first place and with such a big sacking clause, to get rid of him and all his chump arse dimwit jokers like mc dermott and dean saunders will cost the club around 5 million. not to mention again sacking a manager after a transfer window closes.

Don't want to depress you any more,but you'll be astoundingly lucky if it 'only' costs £5m to clear him out -cost us c£11m to get rid of GH and his sidekicks,and he was further into a (prob)smaller contract afaik

Soldato
Dtab said:
Don't want to depress you any more,but you'll be astoundingly lucky if it 'only' costs £5m to clear him out -cost us c£11m to get rid of GH and his sidekicks,and he was further into a (prob)smaller contract afaik

digusting! the managers always complain about players and their agents, what about their own greedy fingers. in any other job if you cant do it you get sacked with nowt! :mad:

nice to see big mick quinn telling it how it is

Soldato
Dtab said:

I'm sure Vandle said he had a £3m clause if he was sacked. Of course you have all the other fees to consider, backroom staff that may go, and the new staff coming in.

Soldato
another two points, the fans wouldnt take to sam either, he does not play the kind of football that is expected at st james park.

im also sick of tons of ppl on the telly, radio etc saying his downfall was due to injuries. his downfall was due to having no tactics or playing style or man management

Permabanned
It wasn't just Gh tho to be fair,there were his staff too,Phil Thompson and Sammy Lee and no doubt a few others all had to be paid off too.Also ,i'm not sure if that figure includes any money we may have had to pay to get Rafas staff out of their contracts as well .It all adds up to a huge ammount of money tho :(

Soldato
I really don't think Roeder will make any improvement, he's a complete wet blanket and no where near the standard required. Shearer isn't experienced enough to be of much use either i think. Going to be a rough ride to the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom