Souness Sacked

Soldato
Roeder does not have the proper qualifications. He may have done the last time he was manager but since then a new qualification has been introduced meaning he's pretty much in the same boat as Shearer.

Soldato
The damage has already been done. Souness screwed a very successful Liverpool team and now he's done the same at Newcastle. It's will take at leased a couple more seasons before they are anything like they were when Souness took over. The man should come with a hazard warning. Why they waited do long to get rid of him is beyond me, the writing was on the wall from day one.

On the plus side, Owen will be back a Liverpool next season, and for not much more than we sold him to real. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
daz said:
That's fair enough, but his contract was ending the season he was sacked, yet he was sacked in September. Just seemed strange at the time, that's all.
Oh no I agree it was an odd move, my post was aimed at Vegeta really, not you. :)

Shearer must be slightly worrying for the 'toon fans. He obviously loves the club no doubt, but he seems hell bent on becoming manager there, and seems to want to step straight from playing to managing, which can't be good. If he took some time, got all the coaching badges, played number two to someone quality like Sven or Hitzveld, and just waited til he was comfortable enough before taking over, he could be great, but I can't help thinking he'd be a complete disaster managing full-time any time soon.

Soldato
Stretch said:
The damage has already been done. Souness screwed a very successful Liverpool team and now he's done the same at Newcastle. It's will take at leased a couple more seasons before they are anything like they were when Souness took over. The man should come with a hazard warning. Why they waited do long to get rid of him is beyond me, the writing was on the wall from day one.

On the plus side, Owen will be back a Liverpool next season, and for not much more than we sold him to real. :D

Another deluded pool fan.
What makes you think that a chairman would spend £17m on a striker then let him go for half that?

Relegation or not , if any team want him they will have to pay top dollar.

Soldato
Weebull said:
Oh no I agree it was an odd move, my post was aimed at Vegeta really, not you. :)

Shearer must be slightly worrying for the 'toon fans. He obviously loves the club no doubt, but he seems hell bent on becoming manager there, and seems to want to step straight from playing to managing, which can't be good. If he took some time, got all the coaching badges, played number two to someone quality like Sven or Hitzveld, and just waited til he was comfortable enough before taking over, he could be great, but I can't help thinking he'd be a complete disaster managing full-time any time soon.

Agree 100%!

Soldato
The timing wasnt the best but freddy is good at that :p , but did he have any choice , 60 mil spent on players and the worst football being played of a newcastle side that i can remember in recent times .

Is it going to be one disaster to another ??? .

Soldato
Mlingard said:
Is it going to be one disaster to another ??? .

No , of course not , not with our esteemed chairman in charge.

Ive just seen Martin O Neil in the butchers on Shields road.
He was getting a ham and pease pudding stottie and a savaloy dip , says he's going to get fitted for his new tracksuit this afternoon.

Which is confusing because my mate saw Gus Huddink getting stopped on the Metro for buying a childs ticket instead of an adult one. :confused:

More to come I reckon.

Soldato
Vandle said:
Another deluded pool fan.
What makes you think that a chairman would spend £17m on a striker then let him go for half that?

Relegation or not , if any team want him they will have to pay top dollar.

Owen handing in a transfer request wouldnt help your situation, which is what i think he'll probably do come the summer.

Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
Owen handing in a transfer request wouldnt help your situation, which is what i think he'll probably do come the summer.

Coming from the bloke who unsuccesfully predicted he would join Liverpool in the summer gone , aswell as Walcott , Wright-Philips and Defoe who all "would love to play for Liverpool" to join last month.
I'll not hold my breath ;)

Soldato
Vandle said:
Coming from the bloke who unsuccesfully predicted he would join Liverpool in the summer gone , aswell as Walcott , Wright-Philips and Defoe who all "would love to play for Liverpool" to join last month.
I'll not hold my breath ;)

Ill admit i thought he would join in the summer, but then seems Michael thought he would too, his loss obviously.
The rest were all posted in the 'rumour' thread, i was simply passing on rumours, not fact, despite that we did make a move for all three players. I certainly never said they "would love to play for liverpool", unless it was a direct quote from the player.

I guess we'll see come the summer who hes playing for, hes a fool if hes stays at Newcastle for next season. I reckon you'll be lucky to hold onto Given as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Vandle said:
Ive just seen Martin O Neil in the butchers on Shields road.
He was getting a ham and pease pudding stottie and a savaloy dip , says he's going to get fitted for his new tracksuit this afternoon.

Lets hope it's a red and white tracksuit.

Wish our chairman had the balls to sack the manager :(

Soldato
Newcastle always sack managers at stupid times. He had it coming no doubt, but February 2nd? Nice.

They'd be crazy to bring in someone permanent now. Get someone reasonable in till the end of the season then they really need to go after someone big. Really needs to be a catch or even their own fans will have to start accepting that they are no longer a big club.

Permabanned
why arent Bramble and Boumsong following him both are poor and should never be on a premiership wage.

Also does Dean Saunders leave aswell.

Soldato
I'd have thought they'd be better off with a reality check.

Instead of bringing in some 'big-name' manager along with a big-money contract and high expectations they'd be better off looking to do what Everton did with Moyes and pluck a promising manager from the lower leagues who they can leave for a few seasons to try and rebuild the club.

Soldato
kaiowas said:
I'd have thought they'd be better off with a reality check.

Instead of bringing in some 'big-name' manager along with a big-money contract and high expectations they'd be better off looking to do what Everton did with Moyes and pluck a promising manager from the lower leagues who they can leave for a few seasons to try and rebuild the club.

Never happening. Shepherd is all about the glitz and glamour. He'll want a big name.

Man of Honour
VonClinkerhofen said:
Lets hope it's a red and white tracksuit.

Wish our chairman had the balls to sack the manager :(

Col, do you not think it should be the other way around so to speak ? I think Murray should go as he has no committment to take the club forward. Give McCarthy the resources and I think he will do a good job.

The next Sunderland manager will have the same problems .... no money and a crap team and squad.

Back
Top Bottom