Souness Sacked

Soldato
Von Smallhausen said:
Col, do you not think it should be the other way around so to speak ? I think Murray should go as he has no committment to take the club forward. Give McCarthy the resources and I think he will do a good job.

The next Sunderland manager will have the same problems .... no money and a crap team and squad.

agreed, mccarthy is a mere bloke, not merlin the magician :p

Soldato
Martin o neil would be a great choice but i cant see that happening because of his wifes health , but i do believe he would be interested in the job , i would have a european manager in charge if he was good .

It would be interesting to see what a good manager could do with the newcastle team , a lot better than souness that is for sure .

Freddy i said good manager take note :p .

Soldato
Vandle said:
Another deluded pool fan.
What makes you think that a chairman would spend £17m on a striker then let him go for half that?
Because it's well known Owen has a buyout clause in his contract for around £12m. And lets face it if he doesn’t want to play for the club, which he clearly doesn’t, what use is he. Plus any new manager is going to need funds and where are they going to come from?

Soldato
Sorry Stretch , my mistake.
I didnt realise you had read Owens contract.
How is it clear he doesnt want to play? Did he break his foot on purpose?

The new manager will need funds but he cant spend them until the summer anyway , by then the season ticket renewals will have been submitted releasing money to spend.

To be honest it wouldnt bother me that much if he did go , as long as we got the money back for him.
While it was a great signing that gave the clubs management a temporary stay of execution and peed off most of football at the same time I still feel it was a rather silly purchase.

We could have done a lot more with that money to benefit the team than spend it on a trophy signing.

Soldato
hehe funny. last night he was saying along the lines of: "we'll have dyer back next week and <<player name>> got 80mins under his belt, so everything should be fine soon" :D

Souness really thought he wouldn't get the sack, didnt he? :cool:

Soldato
Mr Singh said:
hehe funny. last night he was saying along the lines of: "we'll have dyer back next week and <<player name>> got 80mins under his belt, so everything should be fine soon" :D

Souness really thought he wouldn't get the sack, didnt he? :cool:

His foresight was as good as his tactical awareness. ;)

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
no it has to be earnt, hes just not ready. i hope souness is tied to a horse and they run him out of town proper

He doesnt have any qualifications either, neither does Roeder.

This will be till the end of the season, which just happens to be 12 weeks away, which is shock horror, the exact amount of time a non qualified manager can coach a team without a Uefa pro license.

or whatever its called.

Soldato
atpbx said:
He isnt, he doesnt have the right license to coach in the prem.
Thats correct , he had special dispensation from the LMA for the West Ham job.

The 12 weeks leaves 2 league matches outstanding until the end of the season.
And of course the FA cup final ;)

Soldato
Well, Newcastle were stupid to appoint Souness in the first place cause he has a crap managerial record which shouldn't have gotten him into the shortlist for the job in the first place.

The problem now is, Newcastle need a manager who will really sort them out and they need to have a top notch record so far.

However, I don't see Newcastle getting a permament manager at this time for they will wait till the summer before appointing a fulltime manager.

Associate
Von Smallhausen said:
Col, do you not think it should be the other way around so to speak ? I think Murray should go as he has no committment to take the club forward. Give McCarthy the resources and I think he will do a good job.

The next Sunderland manager will have the same problems .... no money and a crap team and squad.

I just want to see something positive happen. It might show that Murray cared if he sacked the manager. And I didn't realise it was a Sunday! Why are you using my Sunday name? ;)

Soldato
VonClinkerhofen said:
I just want to see something positive happen. It might show that Murray cared if he sacked the manager. And I didn't realise it was a Sunday! Why are you using my Sunday name? ;)

He read it on your season ticket that you hoyed at Mcarthys head.

Soldato
As a Newcastle fan i'm personally glad Souness has gone though tbh he was a dead duck from the beginning, none of the fans wanted him in the first place nor ever took to him and as soon as things started turning sour they were going to be calling for his head, the only reason he's lasted this long is he kept puliing a big win or a little run out of the bag just in time.

As for Glenn Roder :eek: the bloke who relegated West Ham god help us! problem they've got in sacking him now is getting a replacement in asap who doesnt think England have got their eye on him, guys like Allardyce, Hitzfeld, Hiddink, O'Neill are in the running for England so why would they take the poison chalce at Newcastle (not that England isnt a poison chalce but still!)? in which case it'll probably be the someone in the summer but with Roder in charge we might be in the championship by then!

Steve Bruce wouldnt suprise me knowing Shepards track record :( same as we paid money to Blackburn to save them sacking Souness like they would have anyway and now probably paying more money to compensate him for doing a **** job for 18 months :mad:

Associate
Glenn Roder is a great youth coach, I don't want him to stay with the 1st team too long, the acamdemy team have been doing brilliant his year. I also doubt that he'd want the job long term (and he doesn't have a fifa pro-licence, so he can only stay 12 weeks max)

Isn't Le Guen still available? Good coach, and actually chose to leave his last job, not because they were doing badly (Lyon, won the league 3 times in a row under him), but because he wanted to move onto a new challenge. If his english is up to it, then he'd be a good choice, along with Hiddick or Hitzfeld. I even rate Allardyce because his has put in a great back room team at Bolton, and can cope with all temperments of players.

Associate
vanpeebles said:
to be honest going down could be the best thing, they could hopefully get sold to new people and get rid of the bent hall and sheppard dictatorship

^and end up like sunderland surely not .

its just been a matter of time before he was going to get the sack everyone new that, im just hopeing this shocks all the players and makes them realise
that they must play football instead of just turning up for money reasons.

Back
Top Bottom