Souness Sacked

Associate
Hes got the sack
Hes got the sack
souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuness
Has got the sack.

ok its a rubbish song but who cares, hes got the sack!

we want some1 with passion, a knowledge for the game and finally decent footballing connections so they can get some good players for bargain prices.

Am not sure who fits the bill atm cause am to happy to think, but make it fast. plus this will give the players who are sitting there collecting there money a good kick up the arse to try and impress the new boss.

Associate
HangTime said:
Bobby Robson had all of those.

i totally agree with you dude, ok he had a few bad results near the end but i still rated him as manager and think we should have deff not sacked him, or at least not sacked him for a complete muppet.

Soldato
What really cracked me up was when Newcastle talked of getting a world class manager after Robson left and ended up getting Souey :o

This move might keep them in the premiership now ;)

Soldato
Nedved11 said:
What really cracked me up was when Newcastle talked of getting a world class manager after Robson left and ended up getting Souey :o

This move might keep them in the premiership now ;)

heres hoping.

some people need to wake up and realise we can go down... with our form, we should. we need to really get it together from now.. JUST to be secure in the premiership.

but hopefully we can now play a bit better and get a good few results... really being optimistic we could still finish around 8th... but i think 10th would be at a push.

as long as this time we actually get a good proven manager i.e. martin oniell :p.. then things WILL turn around... FINALLY.

we've gone 2seasons of being pathetic now... so i hope we get a bit of slack and support, we need some luck regarding our injury rate... and a good man manager.. and good tactician to come in to really sort it out, get us on the right track... not win us everything straight away... but get us back into the uefa cup at least.

i think even if a top manager came in now, with the remainder of the season i wouldnt expect us to win every match and finish in the top 6/8... just as long as we look more organised, and look like a team, do something with the defence.. and use better attacking tactics... as long as i saw proof of that then that is the step up.

then whoever that manager will be can get re-organised through the summer... and yet again start from scratch next season.. will be the 3rd time we have gone through this...square one from may

Caporegime
Wonder if Sunderland will decide to do the same now with Mick McCarthy, he can't be far from the axe, and after Souness going, could start it a swinging.

Im still baffled as to why they got rid of Sir Bobby.

Man of Honour
Yeah I know Robson was perhaps getting a bit too old for top flight management, but surely if you are gonna give him the boot, you'd try and lineup or at least sound out a half decent replacement first?

Souness was backed to the hilt in the transfer market, he spent £30m net in under a year and still he failed to deliver. The reason he wasn't given any more funds in the January window was because the board knew they needed to keep a little kitty to one side so they could eventually get rid of him if things didn't improve.

Surely question marks must be raised about the board for sanctioning such a contract for Souness?

Soldato
HangTime said:
Yeah I know Robson was perhaps getting a bit too old for top flight management, but surely if you are gonna give him the boot, you'd try and lineup or at least sound out a half decent replacement first?

That would be foresight and planning , that kind of thing doesnt happen up here.
Kneejerk reactions and lunging from one disaster to the next is the way things work at NUFC.

Meanwhile , Shearer has ruled himself out of the full time job.
Shearer said:
This is my club, I will always be black and white. But let me say here and now that I do not want to be the next manager, the time is not right for me or the club.

That is not meant as a slight on the club. I am just thinking of what is best for Newcastle United and, right now, it would not be the best thing to have Alan Shearer as manager.

I have stood up and said that to the players and Glenn has ruled himself of being the permanent boss too.

Good news

Ps - Roeder Out! :p

Last edited:
Associate
So in recent years Newcastle have had a few different types of managers. You had the supposed foreign genius (Gullitt), the passion fruit (Keegan), the old hand (Robson) and the disciplinarian (Souness). I wonder what sort will be next.

I'll throw in one that may have not been mentioned yet, how about Warnock.

Soldato
It's true though Boumsong is a total donkey! he got the run around by Cheltenham for crying out loud.

8 million quid :eek: Rangers must have seen us coming tbh especially as they got him on a free (which was too much :p) about 4 months before!

Associate
Can Roeder and Shearer partnership work? Fans expectation is so high. So many managers chopped b4 because of fans pressure. I think Sam is one of the best candidates who can lead Newcastle. By the way, Sven will be out of contract after contract also.

Associate
I think Sven ruled himself out of managing in England again, which is a shame cos I think he could do a good job for us, can thank the British tabloid press for that one

whats Claudio Ranieri up to these days :p

Back
Top Bottom