Souness Sacked

Soldato
Weebull said:
I think that's a bit harsh. If anything, the Bundesliga is a fairly open league, probably moreso than the Prem.

I'd say turning a Dortmund side from fairly mid-table, to UEFA Cup finalists, to winning their first ever Bundesliga title, winning it again, and the to CL winners, in just six years, is pretty damn impressive. As is being Bayern's most succesful manager ever. Regardless of how big they are, winning seven titles in six years is still impressive. I mean, Mourinho gets bucketloads of praise for having done pretty much the same thing over just three seasons.

Hitfeld's ability with smaller clubs could possibly be questioned (although given his time with lower league Swiss clubs, I'd say that seems pretty good too), but with Newcastle, he'd have the funds and players at his disposal to be a serious challenge. He's definitely worth trying imo, there's no-one better out there that's available.

EDIT: Steady on, I've been beaten to the reply. Tarnation!

Weebull again talking absolute sense.
100% agree fella.

Hitzfeld has won the European Cup as many times as Wenger , Mourihno and Fergie put together.

However , I fear we may end up with Big Sam :(

Associate
ok i read the first few lines on that dossier then closed it due to the following statement.

Luckily, Newcastle United have a chairman who while a successful businessman, he’s also a fan. A fan always wants to see his club do well on and off the pitch; a fan wants to go and watch good, attractive winning football.

this is officially crap!

Fat fred doesn't give a stuff about newcastle! if he did then why has he let us get into this position, he says they'll listen to the fans, ok so why didn't he listen last month when the rot started to kick in?

the only thing true about the above is that fred is a good buisness men, as all he does is bleed newcastle dry, he won't do anything unless theres something in it for himself.

I and thousands of other toon fans hate fred!

Soldato
agreed, thats vomit worthy. i love the way sheppard has come out of this smelling of roses just be cos he finally got the bottle to sack him, he should be pulled up on signing a bunch of jokers in the first place.

Associate
Sir john hall was a proper chairman, i love that guy!

Not only was he a true fan but he always had this kinda good vibe about him as well, you saw him on TV doing some press or summit and when he smiled it was one of pure joy, unlike freds whos smile hides his thoughts which are " MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" in *** classic dracula laugh.

WE LOVE JOHN HALL! (need heart emote)

Soldato
EasyG said:
ok i read the first few lines on that dossier then closed it due to the following statement.

this is officially crap!

Fat fred doesn't give a stuff about newcastle! if he did then why has he let us get into this position, he says they'll listen to the fans, ok so why didn't he listen last month when the rot started to kick in?

the only thing true about the above is that fred is a good buisness men, as all he does is bleed newcastle dry, he won't do anything unless theres something in it for himself.

I and thousands of other toon fans hate fred!

While some of that statement is true and he may hold the fans in contept one thing he does love and will look after is his money.
He owns 30% of the club - its his main source of income generating him a salary and dividends to the tune of almost £1m per annum.

Other than the Souness appointment he has given us the managers and players that we want and also backed his managers to the hilt.

He deserves a little slack and an opportunity to right his previous wrongs , even though he is responsible for the position the club finds itself in.

Associate
what about scholari (sp)

obviously some ppl are from newcastle here and on *** local news bbc1, on friday they were doing the rounds of the fans outside the ground and a lot fo fans were saying scholari, same was the jist on saturday before the game.

although every1 was laughing that he'd never come here because and i quote "Its to cold for him man, hes used to warm weather its bloody freezing up here". Classic geordie on the news, the geordie was wearing a football shirt and thats it although he was pretty fat lol.

Back
Top Bottom