Southampton Mini Meet - Saturday - 21st Jan

Soldato
What time are you likely to be finishing up? I finish work at 6 and may have picked up a new car tomorrow evening, it'd be a nice chance to give it a little test drive. I guess everyone'll have gone home by this time though.

You happen to be in the middle of wessex motor club territory, so this site may be handy for finding pubs.

Soldato
hedge end?! thats like a million miles away!!! you could have done the tesco hypermarket in shirley (car park is massize and towards the back its virtually ALWAYS empty) :o

(plus if i go to hedge end i'll have to take the pda and tom tom to get there otherwise i'll get lost :()

Man of Honour
A million miles away? It's a 15 minute drive if that, honestly I'm driving up from Plymouth and you complain about having to go from Southampton to Hedge End? :p

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Phantom said:
hedge end?! thats like a million miles away!!! you could have done the tesco hypermarket in shirley (car park is massize and towards the back its virtually ALWAYS empty) :o

(plus if i go to hedge end i'll have to take the pda and tom tom to get there otherwise i'll get lost :()

:confused:

Soldato
I would have dragged myself out for this but I'm down in Bournemouth saturday night... not that that's a bad thing! ;)

You could have all seen how a 6ft 9 person shoe horns himself into a 206 :o:D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
thelankymatt said:
I would have dragged myself out for this but I'm down in Bournemouth saturday night... not that that's a bad thing! ;)

You could have all seen how a 6ft 9 person shoe horns himself into a 206 :o:D

Why not come then nip down to bournemouth later on? Its only up the road? I am out in Reading saturday evening.:)

Soldato
Sounds like a laugh, count me in too. Mine will be the most rubbish car there though, please be gentle :)
Also I live in grange park in hedge end so its literally one minute away from me :)

Soldato
Jez said:
Why not come then nip down to bournemouth later on? Its only up the road? I am out in Reading saturday evening.:)

Meeting up with old Uni mates around 2pm in Bournemouth so I wouldnt have a great deal of time to chat to everyone and have a bit of a drive. That and Hedge End on a Saturday :eek:

...are you mad :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Don't worry, I'm going :p
I think the FREE Rover could be the most rubbish car there.

But it was (almost) FREE and I have a buyer for it at £400 so I don't really care :p

Well it cost me:

Car - £0
Parts - £36
MOT - £44.15
6 Months Tax - £60.50
VIC - £36

TOTAL = £176.65

Not bad considering it now has 12months MOT and 6months Tax!

Last edited:
Don
Well, the car is cleaned and half polished now.. Also sporting a nifty dual air horn too :cool:

Ian, any chance swinging past mine on your way to Eastleigh, since I live pretty much in your path anyway! Not sure how long I'll hang around tbh, it all depends on whether its good *car-mechanics* weather..

We shall see :)

Back
Top Bottom