Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2020, Bareclona - Race 6/?

Rate the 2020 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
czwXGqK.png
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
When was the track built?
The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya was built as part of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics development programme. The foundation stone was laid in 1989, while the first car race was a round of the 1991 Spanish Touring Car Championship.

When was its first Grand Prix?
Two weeks after the touring cars raced at Barcelona, it was Formula 1’s turn. The track enjoyed a sensational debut, with Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna’s famous eyeball-to-eyeball drag race down the straight, before Mansell took the lead and drove on to victory.

What’s the circuit like?
The drivers love the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, which is just as well, because they spend huge amounts of time pounding around it during winter testing. The track is a good mix of high- and low-speed corners, with the challenging Turn 3 right-hander a great chance to evaluate the balance of the car your team’s designers have given you to fight with for the season.

TV Times
Sky:
vZPxHRR.png
C4:
Quali Highlights - Sat 6.30pm
Race Highlights - Sun 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
uAtF7L5.png

Weather Forecast
EZMJXMk.png

2019 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...panish-grand-prix.3tAcJVYv52pYz1cEOWRmk2.html

Practice 1
o5qQApt.png

Practice 2
DiX4Cvd.png

Practice 3
zkanv1K.png

Qualifying
UPos9lL.png

Race
MLtDEgw.png

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the thread Shimmy :)

Hopefully another interesting, unpredictable race due to tyre deg.

Was it this track last year that the Mercedes couldn't overtake the Ferrari even with DRS on the main straight? I wonder what sort of shift in their performance we will see this time.

Soldato
Have the FIA broken out their 'Wheel of Regs' for this season? Give it a spin and see what BS they're going to implement.

This season should go down in history with several asterisks.

Soldato
I look forward to seeing how they are going to try and implement it... It will just mean that the teams will now just spend money mitigating the difference by other means.

Man of Honour
I can’t blame the media outlets hyping max and RB, but it was one race. It’ll be business as usual this weekend. Harder compounds, Mercedes will tweak their setup.

FIA set to restrict F1 qualifying modes from Belgian GP
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151333/fia-set-to-ban-f1-qualifying-modes-from-belgian-gp

Why do it mid season.

And how will they even regulate it? I suspect most of the grid has them. I may just give up with F1 if they start doing that. It’s been going on for years, so it’s ridiculous if they are considering it now. The FIAs decision making process has gotten even worse since the Ferrari cheating scandal. Blunder after blunder.

Associate
I can’t blame the media outlets hyping max and RB, but it was one race. It’ll be business as usual this weekend. Harder compounds, Mercedes will tweak their setup.

And how will they even regulate it? I suspect most of the grid has them. I may just give up with F1 if they start doing that. It’s been going on for years, so it’s ridiculous if they are considering it now. The FIAs decision making process has gotten even worse since the Ferrari cheating scandal. Blunder after blunder.

This i do not understand, if the stories of only 2 engine modes are true, 1 for wet 1 for dry were/is true, thats bonkers. The engine manufacturers have developed the engines to do a certain distance and they manage this by turning engines up and down (which also aids overtaking), now they need to decide on one mode that can last 6 or 7 races. So more money and time will need to be spent to decide the best mapping. I doubt this will change how racing and quali work except ferrari/honda/merc and renault will have to spend more money on development. So much for cost cutting.

Soldato
The article says from Belgium so won’t apply in Spain. Not that can really read anything in to FP times.

I think he’s suggesting teams don’t run their top engine mode in FP1 so this is an indicator of pace if there was only one engine mode. Not saying he’s wrong but since we don’t know all of the variables we can’t be sure.

Man of Honour
I think he’s suggesting teams don’t run their top engine mode in FP1 so this is an indicator of pace if there was only one engine mode. Not saying he’s wrong but since we don’t know all of the variables we can’t be sure.

Exactly. Sure, there are other variables, but it’s a reasonable indicator.

This i do not understand, if the stories of only 2 engine modes are true, 1 for wet 1 for dry were/is true, thats bonkers. The engine manufacturers have developed the engines to do a certain distance and they manage this by turning engines up and down (which also aids overtaking), now they need to decide on one mode that can last 6 or 7 races. So more money and time will need to be spent to decide the best mapping. I doubt this will change how racing and quali work except ferrari/honda/merc and renault will have to spend more money on development. So much for cost cutting.

Yup, this. Classic FIA. The narrative changes race by race.

Caporegime
Haha FIA getting desperate.
It's times like these you have to remember this is a business not a sport.

I look at f1 now as entertainment.
It's more like celebrity get me out of here than Olympics.

Just go whole hog and have boxes you have to run over. 'giovanazzi get the lightning bolt, all other cars drop 100hp for 20 seconds , he's made 10 places'

Man of Honour
Haha FIA getting desperate.
It's times like these you have to remember this is a business not a sport.

I look at f1 now as entertainment.
It's more like celebrity get me out of here than Olympics.

Just go whole hog and have boxes you have to run over. 'giovanazzi get the lightning bolt, all other cars drop 100hp for 20 seconds , he's made 10 places'

Formula E comes to mind. Fan boost :p (or whatever it’s called)

Back
Top Bottom