Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2021, Catalunya - Race 4/23

Rate the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
esCg8KP.png
Catalunya
When was the track built?
The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya was built as part of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics development programme. The foundation stone was laid in 1989, while the first car race was a round of the 1991 Spanish Touring Car Championship.

When was its first Grand Prix?
Two weeks after the touring cars raced at Barcelona, it was Formula 1’s turn. The track enjoyed a sensational debut, with Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna’s famous eyeball-to-eyeball drag race down the straight, before Mansell took the lead and drove on to victory.

What’s the circuit like?
The drivers love the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, which is just as well, because they spend huge amounts of time pounding around it during winter testing. The track is a good mix of high- and low-speed corners, with the challenging Turn 3 right-hander a great chance to evaluate the balance of the car your team’s designers have given you to fight with for the season.

TV Times
Sky:
99JkYhy.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 6.30pm
Sun - Race Highlights 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
bby9pGL.png

Weather Forecast
JbQewdr.png

2020 Race highlights

WDC Standings
j2I9h3V.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
eGWTeKg.png

Practice 1
wNiJspb.png

Practice 2
OeaoNRg.png

Practice 3
vuUd6Ls.png

Qualifying
rRTLS5J.png

Race
qbyIfx0.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice early thread start. Cheers.

Boring track but there have been some interesting results here. Rain for sure would be fun. It's good that they didn't get to test here this year.

Also hasn't there been a change to one of the tuns for this year?

Soldato
Gotta love back to back race weekends \o/

I was thinking this would be a chance to get a 'better' view of how the Merc and Red Bull compare in the race, Bahrain was ok and Red Bull clearly had the better car there, Imola was wet and Portimao was super windy and low grip...

Still, not gonna complain with a wet race, always good :D

Caporegime
That's a good point actually. No testing data and even less practice sessions may spice things up. I doubt it though :o:(

My impression is that Barcelona is a pretty ordinary track, made into the dullest race of the year by the overfamiliarity of teams with the circuit that results from testing. I really think they should use a track that they don't race on for testing.

Soldato
Can't see it myself. Not to any meaningful difference for the fans anyway. But still, once those 5 lights go out I'll still be excited, until HAM BOT VER is nailed in :cry:

So T2 then :p

Really hoping the rain materialises, still be somewhat intereresting without rain as an indication of car performance but as a race not so much, but at least it's not Monaco...

Oh wait, that's next :(

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Can't see it myself. Not to any meaningful difference for the fans anyway. But still, once those 5 lights go out I'll still be excited, until HAM BOT VER is nailed in :cry:
This. I just don't see any surprises unless there is rain or a SC.

Back
Top Bottom