Spares for Streacom BC1 aluminium benchtable

Associate
So I lent my BC1 (in silver) to a friend and got it back from them today. They then went onto say that they were very sorry, but had threaded one of the M3 thumbscrews into one of the feet.

They have said that if necessary, they will buy me a replacement BC1, but was wondering if anyone has had any joy in getting replacements?

I've asked OCUK tech support / Streacom tech support if they would sell a spare M3 thumbscrew and one of the legs/feet, but I would like to set my rather sheepish friend's mind at rest! Or maybe I should leave him to sweat it a bit...... ;)

Associate
OP
Mods, please feel free to close this thread. Spoken to OCUK and they sadly don't sell spares. Streacom do sell spares, however they redesigned the BC1 a while ago and don't have any spares of the original design any more. Gonna be an expensive mistake for my mate!

Soldato
If you look online, there is a shop that sells a kit for circa £35. I am not allowed to mention it on the forums.

(I also own a silver BC1) and on pay day will be getting a Red BC1 Mini in red!

Associate
OP
If you look online, there is a shop that sells a kit for circa £35. I am not allowed to mention it on the forums.

(I also own a silver BC1) and on pay day will be getting a Red BC1 Mini in red!

That's only spare screws and PCI card supports isn't it? To be honest, it's the leg I need replacing more than anything.

Associate
Sounds like a screw was forced into a hole too small for it and now that correct foot/screw won't now hold in that screwhole. If that's the case you can get a threaded insert, or tap and die a new hole for it. Think motorbike engine repair rather than electronics suppliers.

Associate
OP
Sounds like a screw was forced into a hole too small for it and now that correct foot/screw won't now hold in that screwhole. If that's the case you can get a threaded insert, or tap and die a new hole for it. Think motorbike engine repair rather than electronics suppliers.

Skyripper is on the right lines. He put the screw in at a slight angle and then tightened it down with a screwdriver, rather than thinking it wasn't lined up properly and not tightening it any more.

I agree, a decent mechanic, somewhere with a drill press might be a good call. If it were a decent hole/thread it's the sort of thing a timesert would resolve. As it is, drilling the remainder of the thumbscrew out of the thread should do it.

Back
Top Bottom