1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spatt Endicott Solicitors!

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by NeoReloaded, 22 Apr 2010.

1. NeoReloaded

Mobster

Hey guys so around 2 months ago I recieved a letter from these guys chasing me for £28.99 that I apparently owe Codemasters Europe which I have no idea what for?! The only thing I have purchased online was Star Trek Online and that was through Direct2Drive so I just discarded the letter and thought it was a mistake! Now today I have recieved the same letter, but this time it states if payment is not recieved in 7 days they are instructed with Codemasters support to issue legal proceedings without further notice :eek:

It says I am being chased in relation to "a dishonoured card payment" using Click and Buy! This is absolute horse **** and im not gonna pay :mad:

2. atpbx

Capodecina

Easy, send a letter back saying "this is currently in dispute".
    Give the reason, "I dont know what this is for, can I have the details of the purchase I was supposed to of made, as I dont recall buying anything direct from codemasters"

Then, forget about it.

3. Dannyb01y

Mobster

why didnt you contact them asking what it was for 2 months ago?

4. lee32uk

Underboss

Yeah like they will take you to court over £28.99 :D

5. Nogimmix

Mobster

Believe me they will. I've had issues with these so called solicitors before regarding Sky TV so called insurance which I never ever agreed to have or signed any form for.

In the end I was all set to go court with dates set etc then Spatt (or Sky) pulled out at the last minute as they knew I was deadly serious and knew that they had no evidence against me. :D

6. lee32uk

Underboss

They wouldn't risk going to court and losing for the paltry sum of 28.99. It would cost them more in legal fees. Even if a date had been set i doubt they would turn up.

7. lee32uk

Underboss

Have you checked your bank/credit card statement to see if a payment was declined on the said date ?

8. NeoReloaded

Mobster

Yep no transactions at all! Declined or accepted.

9. MeAnBoY

Mobster

Going to a small claims court is going to cost far more than £29. However you should have dealt with the problem as soon as it existed really!

I apparently owed about £1.5k to some people a few years ago, they sent me letters demanding that I paid or they would take me to court. Did it ever happen? Nope :)

10. JoeBoi

Mobster

Leave them to it you've paid your way so let them prove otherwise.

11. Nogimmix

Mobster

Check your credit record though to see if any defaults have been placed on it.

12. Nanoman

Soldato

Scam?

13. decmatt

Mobster

Its for them to prove you owe the money, not you to prove you didn't. I would contact codemasters (not the firm chasing you) and explain to them, and get them to verify if you ever purchased anything etc...

14. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Click and buy at it again eh?
    We used to use this when we were playing RF Online, an MMO from CM.
    Billing was a joke.
    We had account locked, banned, deleted, payments took multiple times, payments not taken.

Click and Buy + CM = FAIL tbqfh