Speaker solution for kitchen?

Soldato
Depending how joists run you can run the cables with minimal disruption, if you have stud or dot n dab walls you can just drop cables down to the floor and hide them behind the skirting boards as well.

Soldato
We got a Google Home just before christmas last year and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and volume for quite a small device. Gets used fairly regularly.

Associate
Not so long ago I picked up an Echo Show 8 for the kitchen when Amazon were having one of their Alexa sales. I got to admit its a great little bit of kit so I bought another for my office. Anyway, was looking to replace my Dab radio with the likes of Pure, Ruark etc. Some Dab radio's cost a lot so I thought about streaming instead as a cheaper option. The idea of room sound such as Sonos appeals and may take another look again, but for now, the Echo fulfils this gap and has room to room streaming.

At moment just using as a radio and can't fault, packs some punch - very impressed for the price. :)

Soldato
Sonos play 5 and an echo dot for me. The voice command feature is soooo useful when cooking/washing up etc.

When we knocked our kitchen about, I put speaker cable in the roof and ran it back to under the stairs where the rest of the av gear is, but the sonos and dot work so well I didn't think it was worth the hassle of installing ceiling speakers.

I definitely wouldn't recommend a dot by itself. Sound quality isn't great at the best of times, but if you've got the tap/microwave/kettle/extractor fan on as well, it just doesn't have the guts.

Back
Top Bottom