Spec me a car with a bit of poke but practical for £4K

Soldato
Well, if Fox can suggest a Mondeo, I don't see why I can't suggest an Impreza :)

Perfectly reasonable examples can be had for £3.5-£4K. UK cars are group 17 insurance so not "that" bad. Servicing is honestly cheap as chips and very practical etc etc.

And if you really wanted practical get an estate version. A bloke round the corner from me sold his for £2.7K last week and it was a very well looked after example on a N plate.

Only thing thats an issue is fuel but stick to UK cars and don't mod it and it will be happy on Tesco SUL as anything else.

:)

Man of Honour
EddScott said:
Well, if Fox can suggest a Mondeo, I don't see why I can't suggest an Impreza :)

Provided he can stomach the running costs and the interior, Impreza is another excellent suggestion. Doubtless Headrat will say it isnt Sporty becuase it isnt a Coupe, but I think Impreza's are properly sporty looking :D

Although it should be an endorsable offence to have an Impreza Turbo without a high level spoiler.

Soldato
No I think the Impreza is sporty saloon I'm just not sure that whacking a big engine and some fancy wheels on a Mondeo makes it sporty, as for the RS6 and a BMW M5 yes they are sporty for sure but not within a 4K budget (shame).

HEADRAT

Man of Honour
So wacking a powerful engine and a bodykit on an already decently handling saloon doesn't make it sporty if the badge on the back says 'Mondeo', but wacking a powerful engine and a bodykit on a rather dull, anonymous Japanese car (Go and google a 95 Impreza 1.6GL) does make it sporty if the badge says 'Impreza'?

Explain please? :D

Associate
somethign completly out the blue and not really very practical but have just stumbled across myself.
MK2 Lotus elan SE could be picked up for that money (an older 1990 one), 1.6 litre turbo charged izuzu engine pushing circa 200bhp 0-60 in 6 secs firbreglass body, one of the best ever fwd chassis and actually quite reliable and cheap to run, very out of charector for lotus.

Soldato
Malachy said:
somethign completly out the blue and not really very practical but have just stumbled across myself.
MK2 Lotus elan SE could be picked up for that money (an older 1990 one), 1.6 litre turbo charged izuzu engine pushing circa 200bhp 0-60 in 6 secs firbreglass body, one of the best ever fwd chassis and actually quite reliable and cheap to run, very out of charector for lotus.
Not the most practical car in the world though. :p

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom