Spec me a CCTV System

Soldato
Hey guys,

I currently have a flourean a6908ns-uk cctv system with 8 x 720p 1mp cameras

the system is below average for todays standards.

the motion detection is pretty useless and thats the main reason i am considering the upgrade

- only want to change the cctv box
- keep existing cameras exactly how they are
- new system must be good like google ring if possible when it comes to motion detection
- some type of ftp uploads to my synology nas?
- system must be non ip ie the old bnc connectors only.

which cctv nvr system could I possibly upgrade to that will simply mean I unplug all of the cables and put those same
Cables into a new nvr system?

i could spend up to £200 if justifiable
Thanks let me know your thoughts

Soldato
Hey guys,

I currently have a flourean a6908ns-uk cctv system with 8 x 720p 1mp cameras

the system is below average for todays standards.

the motion detection is pretty useless and thats the main reason i am considering the upgrade

- only want to change the cctv box
- keep existing cameras exactly how they are
- new system must be good like google ring if possible when it comes to motion detection
- some type of ftp uploads to my synology nas?
- system must be non ip ie the old bnc connectors only.

which cctv nvr system could I possibly upgrade to that will simply mean I unplug all of the cables and put those same
Cables into a new nvr system?

i could spend up to £200 if justifiable
Thanks let me know your thoughts

Dahua XVR will do as much or as little as you want - XVR5108-HS will do the fundamentals of motion detection and it will uplink to a Synology NAS if you want. It has 8 analogue camera inputs and it will support 4 IP cameras as well. They’re EoL now but there are some kicking about in distributors for about £50+VAT plus HDD of your choice.

If you want something properly intelligent (like it can tell the difference between people and vehicles when it sees motion) then XVR5108-HI is your device. They’re quite new to the market and you’re looking about £130+VAT+HDD of your choice.

Soldato
Dahua XVR will do as much or as little as you want - XVR5108-HS will do the fundamentals of motion detection and it will uplink to a Synology NAS if you want. It has 8 analogue camera inputs and it will support 4 IP cameras as well. They’re EoL now but there are some kicking about in distributors for about £50+VAT plus HDD of your choice.

If you want something properly intelligent (like it can tell the difference between people and vehicles when it sees motion) then XVR5108-HI is your device. They’re quite new to the market and you’re looking about £130+VAT+HDD of your choice.

thanks
How are both of these systems when it comes to motion detection?

right now I get alerts when it rains lol

also, most of my cameras are flourean
Do u think the cameras will all work on the mentioned systems?

Soldato
The new XVR5108-HI is exceptionally good at filtering out false positives. And yes, it will work fine with your Flourean cameras as all the SMD+ motion detection processing is done at the XVR end.

ok so that face recognition probably will not work for a 1mp camera?

i noticed that model has one usb port only
How would one go about upgrading the firmware in future if a wirelsss usb mouse is already attached

Soldato
Yep right now im getting like hundreds of motion detection emails daily
Spider webs dont help so i put cctv spray in

whats the motion detection like in these newer systems?

Soldato
ok so that face recognition probably will not work for a 1mp camera?

i noticed that model has one usb port only
How would one go about upgrading the firmware in future if a wirelsss usb mouse is already attached

Face Detection will probably work, facial recognition requires at least a 5MP camera I think. It didn't think any 5-series did facial recognition. I think you'd need a 7-series for that. It is possible but they're 3 or 4 times the price.

Updates are done automagically if you give it access to an internet connection or you can put the file on your Synology and access it from there or you can log into the IP address of the XVR from a PC and put the file on a USB stick. There are probably more update methods but giving it a gateway and DNS server usually solves all issues.

Soldato
Yep right now im getting like hundreds of motion detection emails daily
Spider webs dont help so i put cctv spray in

whats the motion detection like in these newer systems?

Which newer systems are we talking about - anything Dahua with SMD+ can be set up to effectively eliminate anything moving that isn't a human or vehicle (including a bicycle). Verkada is significantly better again but it's somewhat pricey for most users...

Soldato
Which newer systems are we talking about - anything Dahua with SMD+ can be set up to effectively eliminate anything moving that isn't a human or vehicle (including a bicycle). Verkada is significantly better again but it's somewhat pricey for most users...

thanks it is the dahu XVR5108-HI that i am particularly interested in Looking at your postS

Sounds like it will fit the bill perfectly
I just need to find that exact model as some of them are one or two digits out

ideally i want to be able to ftp upload to my synology nas and that looks like it has the option to do so. I could then use a cloud service to stick those files elsewhere potentially

What is the name of the mobile app for that system ooo?

Soldato
The new XVR5108-HI is exceptionally good at filtering out false positives. And yes, it will work fine with your Flourean cameras as all the SMD+ motion detection processing is done at the XVR end.

Hey there are hardly any reviews for that system

With motion detection would you say that system is similar to what google have on their systems i.e I can go into the app on my iphone and click on a time and it will go straight to that footage?

right now I'm having to do this manually and it is a PITA!.

Also, is it the cctv nvr that controls the motion detection or is it the camera itself? My cameras are a bit outdated and they are a couple of ladders to reach. Id rather not replace them.

Soldato
Hey there are hardly any reviews for that system

With motion detection would you say that system is similar to what google have on their systems i.e I can go into the app on my iphone and click on a time and it will go straight to that footage?

right now I'm having to do this manually and it is a PITA!.

Also, is it the cctv nvr that controls the motion detection or is it the camera itself? My cameras are a bit outdated and they are a couple of ladders to reach. Id rather not replace them.

Yes, when you review the images you have the option of general recording, motion or AI activity. You select the camera(s) you want to view and then it shows the events on a timeline but you also have an event list button and you can double click on the event and it takes you there.

In your case, the AI will be done on the recorder, not the cameras. The best way to make this work is to select AI, then IVS then in the IVS menu select Intrusion. You then draw the area you want to be monitored on the on-screen camera image. Set whether you want in/out monitoring or just into or out of the area and then whether you want it just crossing the line or crossing and appearing. That works best for me. You can also decide if you want to track just people and/or vehicles.

The software on the recorder and DMSS and the PC application, DMSS Express all do the same things.

If you set it, you’ll get an individual alert for each motion or specific AI event. You can then view the 10-second clip and then decide if you want to see more. It’s a good system. It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough.

Soldato
ok thats good then - I like the idea of a timeline because right now I dont get that

we have had ppl taking cars and breaking into cars around here at silly hours
so I just need a system that going to alert me in the middle of the night to my iphone if someone is standing next to my car. sounds like this will fit the bill with a bit of tinkering around then.

Soldato
Yes, when you review the images you have the option of general recording, motion or AI activity. You select the camera(s) you want to view and then it shows the events on a timeline but you also have an event list button and you can double click on the event and it takes you there.

In your case, the AI will be done on the recorder, not the cameras. The best way to make this work is to select AI, then IVS then in the IVS menu select Intrusion. You then draw the area you want to be monitored on the on-screen camera image. Set whether you want in/out monitoring or just into or out of the area and then whether you want it just crossing the line or crossing and appearing. That works best for me. You can also decide if you want to track just people and/or vehicles.

The software on the recorder and DMSS and the PC application, DMSS Express all do the same things.

If you set it, you’ll get an individual alert for each motion or specific AI event. You can then view the 10-second clip and then decide if you want to see more. It’s a good system. It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough.

of course - how do I access the management page? will there be a URL I can type into my computer to change camera settings etc or do u need a monitor to do that?

Back
Top Bottom