1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spec me a game

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by legend_of_chaos, 31 May 2010.

1. legend_of_chaos

Associate

I'm getting a new pc on wednesday and was wondering what to get as my first game, system will have a 5870 and a i7 930 with 6gig or ram, any response would be much appreciated.

2. Cutshaw

Wise Guy

Have you been out of gaming for a while? Do you lean towards a particular type of game? Do you just want something to stress your machine?

3. Devrij

Capodecina

If you want something pretty, Dirt 2 is fun and looks great too, or BC2 is a great game (will be better when patch is released :rolleyes:). Or the classic Crysis option is always fun and disappointing at the same time lol.

4. legend_of_chaos

Associate

Got BFBC2 for the ps3 so i don't think that would be a good idea to get another game i have, might look at Dirt2, looks pretty good.

5. LeJosh

Capodecina

To stress the system?

Metro: 2033
    Crysis & Warhead
    Fallout 3 with mods
    Stalker - 1, 2 & 3 with mods.
    Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
    Dragon Age
    Need for speed shift
    Dirt 2
    Grid

All good games.

6. Swifty123

Hitman

Farcry 2, Crysis, Dirt 2. Good games and good graphics/requriments.

7. D3lirious

Hitman

I guess these will show off your gfx cards a bit but if you want decent gameplay as well, avoid Farcry 2 like the plague.
    Crysis is fairly average too.

Try something like Just Cause 2, it's recent, has a fantastic engine, and more importantly is fun to play.:)

8. colinuk

Mobster

sorry to hijack the thread,but dont want to start another one for the same idea.

Amiga game, where you trained troops and moved planet to planet to invade for resources. Had a intro of a guy looking at the universe in his hand. Great game and many hours spent on it.

Any ideas?