Is the linked ladder suitable for what I need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
That'll do do a normal house, easy. It's a bit expensive though.

I've used a Titan ladder for work for about 10 years now. We have a treble 10" (or whatever is nearest), but a double 11" (two sections, 11 feet each) should do for most 20th century and later houses with standard ceiling heights. The one specced by @Feek is a double 12", so slightly longer.

I fit CCTV (mostly) for a living, so it's had a lot of use over the years, and I've zero complaints about it. Cheaper than argos too, though I don't know what they charge for delivery.

If you want to use the ladder by yourself (ie without someone to foot it), you can get a reusable anchor kit that will let you strap the ladder to the wall (usually requires a 10-14mm hold drilling). I trust that more than all the fancy apparatus you can get. Ladders are really sturdy when anchored.

Soldato
I picked up one for about £40 off Facebook market place double extension. Goes to about 6.1m fully extended

Use it to get to the guttering (soffit/facia/boxend) of my two story house (I don't use it fully extended)

One thing to note if your needing to do work over guttering get a ladder stand off.

Make sure it has good feet and try and secure properly when working at height

Soldato
That'll do do a normal house, easy. It's a bit expensive though.

I've used a Titan ladder for work for about 10 years now. We have a treble 10" (or whatever is nearest), but a double 11" (two sections, 11 feet each) should do for most 20th century and later houses with standard ceiling heights. The one specced by @Feek is a double 12", so slightly longer.

I fit CCTV (mostly) for a living, so it's had a lot of use over the years, and I've zero complaints about it. Cheaper than argos too, though I don't know what they charge for delivery.

If you want to use the ladder by yourself (ie without someone to foot it), you can get a reusable anchor kit that will let you strap the ladder to the wall (usually requires a 10-14mm hold drilling). I trust that more than all the fancy apparatus you can get. Ladders are really sturdy when anchored.
" means inches.

Back
Top Bottom