Spec me a massive car

Soldato
30 secs to remove an isofix child seats is a small price to pay to avoid having to own an MPV.

Not when you have a child in the seat who is asleep and you need to get to the one in the back who is crying. If you are on your own you won't want to wake the one who is sleeping. If the adjacent seats have luggage on them or another child seat and it's cold and raining where would you move the middle row seat with child to? We've been in similar situations.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going out and coming home with kids is pretty much like mobilising an army, and probably an Italian one at that.

Suggest an APC or VW Transporter / Mercedes Vito.

One of my BILs has 4 kids, two from his partner's previous relationship and two babies are theirs. They live in poverty so they can't actually all fit in their car to go out as a family.

Soldato
Can you import? I know a Suburban has been posted above but that was the route I was going with too. I was going to suggest a Chevy Tahoe which is simply huge.

Soldato
I'd have thought American is the only option for bigger and not a van. But LHD and poor fuel economy are not going to be great. Imagine rolling around in an Escalade though!

Seriously, keep the Q7 and get a roof rack - you'll cope. Or else how does a Mercedes GL compare space wise to the Q7? The last one I was in seemed enormous from up front.

Caporegime
My sister has four kids ,two over 16 two under 10,and two (albeit small) dogs, they've got a 7 seat X5 M50d X-Drive (think that's it anyway!) and it swallows them and their related crap with ease, goes like a scalded cat too!

Whilst I've never liked X5's particularly (and always hated Q7's - sorry) has to be said it's some machine and a very nice thing to travel in.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Do they do a new version of the Toyota previous or Renault Espace, they had a proper 7 seat setup with a decent boot as well.
New Espace is LHD-only.
There's something called a Toyota Proace Verso but I can't imagine it will be anywhere near as good as a Caravelle.

Soldato
Can you import? I know a Suburban has been posted above but that was the route I was going with too. I was going to suggest a Chevy Tahoe which is simply huge.

I would be tempted by this too. I've driven a few Transporters and whilst they are decent by van standards, if the OP is used to a Q7 it will feel like an enormous downgrade. A Tahoe or Suburban will be just as comfortable and well spec'd as the Q7 and vastly better to drive than any van based vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom