Spec me a massive car

Soldato
I have an issue with the boot seats in some of these cars... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my children to be in the crumple zone...

Pretty sure that modern 7 seaters are designed so that it is not a crumple zone to be fair.

Still, first folks to get slammed by a late breaking truck or whatever, so I kinda see where you are coming from. But the same as sitting at the back of a bus / minibus etc...

Pretty sure sitting in the back seats of a Disco or Q7 wont feel too unsafe though. Although would still prefer the dogs back there than the kids. Hence the suggestion of the 4 seats across the middle row, thus leaving the OP with the same boot space he is used to.

Associate
Hi everyone.
At the moment I drive an Audi Q7 which I got earlier this year after we found we were having twins. It's perfect, me and this missus up front, the twins in the middle row and a dog guard in the boot with a split, half for the double pram and half for the dog (rescue staffie x spaniel). This has done us great for the past 6 months and we even have an extra seat in the middle for another passenger or luggage.
A few weeks ago though we found that the missus was preggers again :o and best of all it's twins again!
I never thought I'd say it but the Q7 will be too small. With 3 car seats across the middle row and one in the back row that only leaves half the boot for two double prams and the dog has to stay at home, maybe a roofrack for luggage?! Putting a 1 year old in the rearmost seat would also be a right PITA when he can't get in himself and I have to remove the other car seat from the middle row also.

So here I am looking to upsize again. So far I'm considering a Transporter or a V-Class but boot space will still be an issue.
Once we don't need a pram in a couple of years or so I'm seriously considering splashing out on a Tesla Model S with the 2 boot seats but until then it's either make do with the Q7 or get a minibus. Any other options?

Cheers

would have said a Discovery 4 like mine but your not much worse off in terms of room. Main thing is to go and take a couple of bricks to your hee haws first :D . Other than that you need a transit or small bus !

Permabanned
Just spent the last two weeks with a Crysler Pacifica. Was actually pretty decent for lugging the kids/family around. 7 seats, decent enough kit level, loads of room in the boot, virtually all the seats fold away in the latest model I believe. Giving a van like amount of space.

Unsure how well it would work on the cramped UK roads though.

Associate
Whats your budget? If money is not a worry the Tesla Model X can fit 7 adults in it or you could go for the Model S for 5 adults and 2 kids with the third row option. We added a third last year so we looked around for cars and the wife decided she wanted the Model S.

Edit problem with the S is the pram space... wouldn't leave much room. With the X you still have room in the boot with all the seats up and you get the frunk space like the S.

Back
Top Bottom