Spec me a new Android...

Associate
So,

I currently have the HTC and I'm due an upgrade. I'm in no rush for an upgrade however I do want to make the move to 4G.

Would you recommend the HTC One M9 or should i hold off for a bit and wait on a new release?

Soldato
There's no real outright winner to be honest so it depends what you want.

The M9 is a bit of a letdown by all accounts but if you like HTC then you may be happy with it.

The S6 is very good but has lol-prices at the minute so it depends how badly you want it or if you are prepared to wait for the price so become reasonable.

Nexus 6 is available for a great price so bang for buck is awesome but the size of it might put you off.

Z4 is due out June? As is the LG G4. You may find yourself constantly waiting though like I did and in the end I went for the Nexus 6 which is wish I'd done back before Christmas.

Soldato
I'm in a similar situation. Making the jump from an iPhone 5 back to Android. Last one I had was an HTC Desire HD so I'm playing catch-up.

I hear some have more brand related features/limitations. Are they all as mod-able as each other or do some have their limits?

Soldato
All manufacturers do put their own "skin" over the top of android so each one will feel different. Samsung used to be the worst but apparently the S6 isn't half as bad.

You can mod them all, don't know if this does anything to any warranties as I don't do it myself. Nexus is "pure" android as it was intended and therefore gets updated the quickest.

Back
Top Bottom