Spec me a new build for Cyberpunk and beyond

Associate
Hi Guys,

I've been waiting the whole year to get closer to the Cyberpunk release so I can do a rebuild and we're finally approaching :) I know specs for Cyberpunk aren't as high as anticipated but I still want to do a high performance build to future proof, as much as that's possible.

I've ordered a 3080 graphics (although it's an EVGA so might have messed up there!). I will be buying a new 4k monitor at some point but at the moment i'll stick what what I've got as per my specs at bottom of post. I've got a large "storage" type drive which i'll move across but otherwise i'm replacing everything else. Budget is about 2k not including 3080 & monitor.

I've come up with some parts below. Let me know what you think and if I can improve anywhere. 2TB M2 drive is for games and 500GB NVME is for windows/applications. I was undecided on the case to be honest so definitely open to suggestions there.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,344.63 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Man of Honour
I'm going to build last week of October so can wait a bit
Ok let's critique

The 3800xt isn't worth it the 3700x is a far better value option.

Motherboard is a good choice.

Case you can only for the 280mm cooler in the front of the case ,240mm water cooler for the top.

Ram is fine.

Pcie4 m2 in reality offer little in performance for day to day usage, advantage is when moving large data from drive to drive.

You can get an sn550 1tb m2 for the same as the 512 m2

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 2TB is one of the fastest pcie3 drives and can be had for £210 but grab one quick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Zero reason to pay more for crappy race to the bottom tech QLC Flash drive than TLC drive.
In long continuous writes exceeding SLC cache size it would slow down to worser than old spinning rust!
Hence it should be lot cheaper than Adata SX8200 Pro or Sabrent Rocket (not-Q) instead of being more expensive.

And filling limited M.2 slots with small drives makes no sense.
Would use partitioning for keeping Windows separate in case of need to do fresh install and save that other slot for big drive in future.
Windows itself doesn't even need super fast SSD, because normal boot doesn't generate anykind heavy IO-load and neither it loads that big amounts of data.

Arctic Freezer II has actually beefy radiator instead of fashion hype for less money.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arct...ormance-cpu-water-cooler-280mm-hs-07c-ar.html
Anyway £43 Alpenfohn Brocken 3 would more than enough for only 8 core Ryzens.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-brocken-3-cpu-cooler-140mm-hs-05a-al.html

Soldato
Zero reason to pay that much for race to the bottom QLC-Flash drive!
You cand get TLC drives for less like Adata SX8200 Pro.

And only fair week to see Zen3 architecture CPUs released.

Back
Top Bottom