1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec me a pair...

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Scania, 2 May 2006.

1. Scania

Capodecina

A pair of tyres please.

My current 255/45/ZR18 Bridgestone Potenzas are down to 2MM on the rear, my main requirements seems to be hard wearing as these have lasted since August last year, and a mere 9000 miles.

Not bad I suppose, I have a heavy RWD car and I do tend to throw it around corners :o I'd have liked a bit more than 9k though. :o

The fronts are not so bad, the O/S/F is only down to 5mm which surprised me, all four tyres were new last August as I said.

The N/S/F was replaced a while back due to a puncture..... :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Obviously the cheaper the better, that said, I'm happy to pay "extra" for anything thats worth it.

Cheers. :)

Last edited: 2 May 2006
  2. NickXX

Soldato

Potenza 050A's?

3. Scania

Capodecina

Been told they don't wear so good,which is why my current tyres have lasted only 9k I'm undecided though, 9k miles isn't great, but, I feely admit that I drive my car hard, especially on the bends (it feels so much like a rocket powered go kart after an articulated truck,you see....)

I've been very pleased,overall with the grip & wet weather performance of the current Bridgestones, that said, my "TC" light is often winking away, so perhaps there not as grippy as I think they are?

>>> Carries on browsing the tyre sites <<<

Last edited: 2 May 2006
  4. Morba

Caporegime

which tyre sites are you looking at?

one a lot of people dont seem to know about is www.camskill.co.uk . very good and cheap!

5. chrislusty

Wise Guy

Never used them, but may do in the future as their prices are good, and they come to you to fit tyres too,
    ETyres.co.uk