Spec me a PSU please

Soldato
Hello,

Currently building a new system over the next couple of months.

Found out I won an Asus RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC yesterday, so my current PSU I was planning on re-using isn't up to the task, so I'll order that now, then I have it already when the 3080 comes. Will need one with 3 8-pin connectors.

Specs wise it'll likely be an B550/X570 with whatever 5000 series CPU is comparable to a 3900X, with a 360mm AIO, with at least 9 120mm fans, possibly 12 all together.

Don't really have a budget, would prefer to keep it below £200 though.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, Corsair was one of the brands I was leaning towards, whats the difference between this and the i and x models they do as well? Other than the price obviously.

Soldato
RMx is what @mickyflinn said
HX is further up the 80+ efficiency chain
i on the end of any model is the Corsair digital link models that allow you control & monitor that PSU.

I wouldn't bother going any higher than RMx TBH. 80+ gold is more than enough efficiency for most users unless you run your rig 24/7 at full load. Corsair digital link is just something else to hog system resources or to go wrong.

Soldato
Just had the RMx 850w delivered today. A bit overkill for my upcoming Zen3 build as it's either being paired with a 3070 or possibly an RDNA2 card (if they show up with a particularly price/performance offer) but was only a few pounds more than the 750 so might run in silent mode.

Back
Top Bottom