• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec me a secondary non-gaming graphics card

Associate
Ok, i've checked with Akasa too and their adapter & adapter cable are also DP 1.2...
My Akasa contact is going to check in with their Taiwan office on Monday so fingers crossed they have something :)

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Yes thats the correct Stock Code. Not sure why the link doesnt work though.

Received with thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't work. More precisely, Windows sees that there's a monitor there and can identify the monitor but I cannot enable the monitor in Display Settings. I tried it on both the USB C port on the GPU and the one on on the motherboard. I'll email Startech for advice but if you have any, please let me know.

Associate
Morning @Quartz

I found this in the data sheet - "Your USB-C port must support DisplayPort over USB-C (DP Alt mode) in order to work with this adapter."
If the monitor doesn't support this feature I think you will be back to square one. I don't see anything else that could be causing a problem :/

I've included the link to StarTech's data sheet below for further referrence.

https://www.startech.com/media/products/CDP2DP14B/PDFs/CDP2DP14B_Datasheet.pdf

Associate
My GPU is a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti WindForce OC. Perhaps @GIGA-Man can confirm whether or not this is supported? The specification page doesn't mention it. Failing that I fear I will have to return the adapter.
Don't worry if you have to return it, thats what the returns policy is for :)

I'll always try and help find a solution for our loyal customers where possible.

Back
Top Bottom