Spec me a tall but small SUV

Associate
Here's the situation.

My dad is after a small SUV. He normally would not choose to drive one as, like me, he's a petrol head and prefers the handling of a car. But with my mother falling ill she can no longer stoop down to get in and out of a car and so they need something that she can get in and out of without having to bend down too much.

They currently have a Ford Fiesta that my brother also has access to and, again like me, he's a strapping 6 footer and is all hunched up in a super mini. So something tall but without being too big that's difficult to park.

We've looked at Ford Ecosport, Vauxhall Mokka and Skoda Yeti so far. My dad is fussy though and has thing about French cars so even though I suggested the Renault Captur he pulled his face.

Any other suggestions? Budget is assumed to be approx £10k

Associate
Would a Honda Jazz be too low? Only mentioning because my parents have much better success getting elderly relatives in easily than my Astra, and they have a fairly upright seating position.

Associate
OP
Would a Honda Jazz be too low? Only mentioning because my parents have much better success getting elderly relatives in easily than my Astra, and they have a fairly upright seating position.
Not in a million years. They have a different name for that car. Replace the A for an I.

Soldato
I suspect the Yeti would be far superior to the others in your list. I rented a Captur for a couple of weeks a while back and it was awful - terrible driving position, massive dead zone in the power band and had to be thrashed to make progress: I only averaged 40MPG as a result, and they claim 60/70 or something ridiculous like that.

Soldato
Well, as we've got one - I'd recommend a Peugeot 2008. Tonnes of leg and head room, sensibly designed and laid out - economical, well specced, nice to drive, you can get a low mileage, top spec car for £10k.

Before discounting a car based on past history it's worth just taking a look.

Associate
OP
Well, as we've got one - I'd recommend a Peugeot 2008. Tonnes of leg and head room, sensibly designed and laid out - economical, well specced, nice to drive, you can get a low mileage, top spec car for £10k.

Before discounting a car based on past history it's worth just taking a look.
My dad calls them Poo Goats

Caporegime
Juke is ugly as sin, he says Qashqai is too big but I'm trying to convince him to test drive one.

Qashqai is pretty much the smallest “SUV” you can get, so if it’s too big then he’s really limited in options (the Qashqai is the same size as a Golf Hatch).

Back
Top Bottom