Spec me a tyre inflator

Soldato
As title, I have no idea really, basically what I want is something to keep my tyres topped up at home for cars and my motorbike so has to do high 40s PSI. Needs an adapter that can fit on a motorbike wheel so 90 degree one would be perfect. Ideally accurate and fast to inflate with a digital display.

I have obviously looked at what's available and reviews etc but I'm still a bit lost. Budget is max £100 probably though may consider more for a compressor that does more functions. Any ideas or advice?

Soldato
OP
Does more functions lol... Like inflate things or inflate things?

Ones mentioned above are more than good enough
Haha I know how that sounds I mean if it is a full air compressor and can take attachments such as impact drivers, blowers or sprayers but they're not too important.

Will a 240v to 12v convertor be sound for the Ring ones so I can run it off the mains? Assuming so but just to check.

Soldato
OP
whole point of these is to run them off your car.... how are you going to run it off the mains if you are out?

This isn't what I want it for really, I want it to keep the tyres inflated on my motorbike over winter and to avoid using supermarket ones.

Also to periodically check the car tyres at home before long runs etc. I'm not necessarily looking a portable one.

Soldato
This isn't what I want it for really, I want it to keep the tyres inflated on my motorbike over winter and to avoid using supermarket ones.

Also to periodically check the car tyres at home before long runs etc. I'm not necessarily looking a portable one.

How often/much do you think they'll deflate?

Back when I used to do a lot of miles (~3k/mth) at the start I figured be checking/topping up tyre pressures every 2 weeks. Turns out I'd barely lose pressure over 3-4 months.

If you're regularly having to keep topping up the pressure, then I'd be suspecting a slow leak.

Soldato
If you're wondering about a mains to 12V converter for your bike, you can get 12V cig-lighter adaptors that run off the bike battery, or consider using a track bicycle pump like the Joe Blow ones from Halfords. I've used one for years on my bike and it's surprisingly easy, can pump a motorcycle tyre up by 10-20 psi (for adjustment not from flat) in few pumps. I use it a lot on track days where I'm adjusting tyre pressures all the time.

Soldato
Another vote for Ring, I've got the cheaper one with a light on it, after having to throw away 3 other brand ones that were in the boot and didn't work any more. It feels well built and the gauge actually works!

Soldato
OP
Some of these are ones I've considered, my main issue though is not wanting to have the 12v as main power source. I found this one though that has both AC and DC but only an analogue display but I guess it would probably be ok:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074G1BRWH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zOfbGb536WRX2

Other options I've considered are a small compressor to take advantage of air tools or something like the Ryobi one which uses the 18v battery and I need a drill/driver anyway so I'm not using my massive corded Bosch SDS for everything.. not sure.

Soldato
add me to the group suggesting Ring products, mine has a preset autocutoff feature and a built in light that you wanted. very decent price too. had it for years so you'd be best checking the range for the newer items.

Man of Honour
If you're wondering about a mains to 12V converter for your bike, you can get 12V cig-lighter adaptors that run off the bike battery, or consider using a track bicycle pump like the Joe Blow ones from Halfords. I've used one for years on my bike and it's surprisingly easy, can pump a motorcycle tyre up by 10-20 psi (for adjustment not from flat) in few pumps. I use it a lot on track days where I'm adjusting tyre pressures all the time.
I use a track pump as well for my bike, it's much easier than having to pull the compressor out of my boot wheel the bike to near the car and get it all plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom