Spec me a VESA Monitor Arm

Associate
Dear fellow OCUK'ers my google fu is failing me.

I am in search of a Vesa Arm, that can be used to position a monitor over a hospital bed.

Unfortunately a friend has been paralysed from the neck down. So is bed ridden staring at the ceiling in hospital.
I'm trying to figure out how I can mount a screen either to a pole stand next to his bed which extends out, or clamp a articulating arm to the side of his bed which then reaches overhead and allows a screen to point vertically down.

I am unable to attach anything to the wall, and it needs to be able to be swung out of the way when doctors need access. It needs to be strong enough not to pose a threat to it falling on his face & be man handled by staff & support a few kg.
I tried a "heavy duty" flexible arm, however it drooped. So I expect some sort of gas spring type arm will be best.

I considered table that has legs go under the bed "C" shape, which would be good for stability, and allow mounting like a regular desk mounted screen, however excessive furniture won't be permitted in the ward for obvious reasons, so it needs to be as compact as possible.

I have the computing/eye tracking equipment sorted, it's just figuring out a way to securely mount the screen.

Maybe someone has encountered such a arm/setup previously? Any idea's/thoughts appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom