Spec me a wireless headset with mic

Soldato
I currently use a Soundblaster wireless USB headset and it's entirely adequate for solo gaming, but the microphone seems to be failing. Since I mostly game alone, I'm not actually sure if the microphone was ever any good. So I need a replacement.

It's got to be wireless. I prefer USB. It should be rechargeable rather than use batteries which have to be replaced.

Spec me!

Associate
Hello m8 I recently went wireless and yes I know what all the audiophiles say but I just wanted wire free gaming. Anyway I own good quality headphones if I want to listen to music. So this is my view and experience. I read countless reviews and depending what you read some say the astros are the best some say differently. Well astros were out of what I would pay so I looked at the alternatives. Long story short it was between the logitech g933 and the siberia 8oos. I got the g933s but I had nothing but issues,firstly disconnecting every 5 minutes so they went back . The next pair had software probs so I sent them back. Then the razer manowar wireless came out and I quite liked the look of them but in the mean time I found a Web site selling the siberias at a good price.....now a lot of reviewers say these are actually the best so I took a punt. I must say to get the maximum out of them you must run them through a sound card via optical. Well been using theses for about 6 weeks now and to be honest I've never had any issues with dropouts or software and they sound great. The only way I think you can really compare them is if you got different headsets at hand and can physically listen and change headset to get an idea which is best. Now I sometimes wonder if I should have just got some astros to see if they are any better but I happy so gonna stick with what I've got....tbh i think when it comes to wireless it really all depends on budget. My budget was up to £180 so i was just over my budget. If it was up to about £150 i would brobably bought the razers

Last edited:
Associate
i think on most sites you may get varied reviews about particular issues. i can only speek from my experience so far . i use the mic all the time on line and have never once had any body comment about the quality of my voice due to the mic and i find the battery life on the headset excellent. Plus you get 2 batteries so 1 is all ways charging. Like i said this is just my own experience and just bear in mind loads of units are sold so there are bound to be some issues somewhere. For example i originally got the logitech g933s because the price was right and they got an overwhelming high rating on a lot of review sites and youtube reviews . I had nothing but issuse with them and i tryed very hard to get them working correctly but it was just not to be. In the end with a lot of things you buy sometimes you get a soild good working item but sometimes you get a bad one...i think its just luck . What ever you get please let us know .cheers chap

Back
Top Bottom